Chobe National Park Short Break
from $ 3,533* per person
The Chobe National Park boasts one of the largest concentrations of game in Africa – elephants, buffalo, giraffe, antelope and so many other animals live, breed and eat here; and that’s not even mentioning the 460 bird species that have been recorded in the park. Experienced game drivers often pass up to 15 different species of animal on a single trail, allowing adventurers to spot anything from lions to hyenas, warthogs to the rare puku and beyond. Follow the call of the wild on this short trip through a land full of life.
Travel Dates: From 26/03/2019 to 02/01/2021
Duration: 3 days
- Witness great herds of the world's largest elephants close-up as they enjoy a drink and play on the edge of the Chobe River
Embark on game drives with the experience and expertise of a local lodge-based guide
Great numbers of ungulate animals are attracted by the riverfont in Chobe National Park – experience the large lion prides that follow in their wake
Sip sundowners while watching hippos, crocodiles and buffalo on a Chobe River sunset cruise
Breakfasts Included: 2
Lunches Included: 1
Dinners Included: 2
Lodge (2 nights)
Minivan,4WD Safari Vehicle,Boat
Age: min 5
Group Size: 1 - 12
Chobe National Park - River Safari Cruise
Chobe National Park - 4x4 Game Drive
Day 1: Kasane / Chobe National Park
Welcome to Botswana! You’re free to arrive at any time today as there are no activities planned. If you’re looking to take a transfer from Kasane Airport, Victoria Falls Airport or Victoria Falls hotels, these can be arranged for an additional cost. You may wish to arrive before 2pm if you’d like to make the most of this trip by witnessing the scenic savannah around Kasane on an optional activity. The lodge is comfortable and protects you against the sun, so kicking back with a drink as the odd animal wanders past is a fine way to while away the afternoon before the rest of the group arrives. Dinner is included tonight and is a great way to meet other travellers staying at the lodge and share the days experiences and sightings.
Day 2: Chobe National Park
Today is a full day for experiencing the wilds of Chobe National Park, keeping an eye and an ear out for trumpeting elephants, chuckling baboons, roaring lions and many other exciting animals. Begin the day with a morning game drive to see these beasts at their most active, followed by a bit of down time at the lodge when the sun burns at its hottest. Once the sun cools down, jump on board a boat and travel towards the Chobe River. Animals will likely be cooling down at the banks, playing and drinking in these less intense conditions. . Chobe National Park is the embodiment of big game country. Huge herds of buffalo and elephants are often seen roaming around the savannah, matched by the size of the local lion prides. An estimated 70,000 Kalahari elephants roam the park – these majestic beasts are the largest known subspecies of elephant in the world. There’s also the chance to see zebra, impala, wildebeest, giraffe, lions, leopards, hyenas, jackals, warthogs, impala, baboons, monkeys and many more – the area is positively teeming with life, and that’s before mentioning the birds! Avian life around the river is truly spectacular with sightings of saddle-billed storks, malachite kingfishers, fish eagles, goliath herons and beautiful bee-eaters often seen fluttering around the banks. Elephants will often congregate to play and drink in the river, and hippopotamus sightings are fairy frequent too. You might even spot a crocodile on the riverbanks, although these fearsome beasts are surprisingly shy. Return to the lodge in the evening to spend your last night with the group reminiscing about the day just past. Perhaps enjoy a drink and chat about the animals just witnessed on this exciting day.
Day 3: Chobe National Park
Awake in the morning and take your pick – either enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the lodge or embark on an optional game drive for more animal spotting. Either way, your hot breakfast awaits for you upon your return. Afterwards, your adventure comes to a formal end. Additional accommodation can be pre-booked (at additional costs) if you’d like to extend your stay in Kasane.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.