Winter Britain & Ireland
Ready to channel your inner explorer? On this epic Britain and Ireland trip, you'll discover ancient castles and ruined fortresses, thousands of years of history and a famously hospitable culture. Think: traditional cosy pubs, top-notch restaurants, winter markets and more. Oh - and if you're lucky, you might even get to see snow! Please note: Some of our trip departures coincide with Edinburgh's Hogmanay (New Year's Eve) celebrations. On these trips, Hogmanay tickets will be included!
Ready to channel your inner explorer? On this epic Britain and Ireland trip, you'll discover ancient castles and ruined fortresses, thousands of years of history and a famously hospitable culture. Think: traditional cosy pubs, top-notch restaurants, winter markets and more. Oh - and if you're lucky, you might even get to see snow!
Please note: Some of our trip departures coincide with Edinburgh's Hogmanay (New Year's Eve) celebrations. On these trips, Hogmanay tickets will be included!
Travel Dates: From 25/10/2020 to 01/03/2021
Duration: 16 days
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 6680182
- Welcome dinner in Liverpool
Walking tour of Edinburgh
Walking tour of Glasgow
Guided tour of the Guinness Storehouse
Visit the Giant’s Causeway
Walking tour of Dublin
Hogmanay street party and torchlight procession (22nd December departure only)
DAY 1 London, England to Liverpool
Meet the crew and load your gear. We’ll begin with Harry Potter-esque Oxford, which is full of cobblestone streets and beautiful architecture. Soak up the medieval vibes before we head to Liverpool for a traditional roast dinner. Did you know? Liverpudlians are renowned for their love of The Beatles, footy and nightlife. Get amongst it!
DAY 2 Liverpool to York
After arriving in York, we’ll check out the amazing York Minster cathedral (trust us, this place is huge). There’s also the ancient City Walls, York Castle Museum and the Jorvik Viking Centre to go explore, so hop to it! Later, why not head to a bar or two?
DAY 3 York to Edinburgh, Scotland
Soak up Edinburgh's old-world charm as we take you around on a walking tour of the top sights. Later on, we'll treat you to a local pub feast. This is how it's done in Edinburgh! Anyone for an optional nightlife tour afterwards? That'll be a yes.
DAY 4 Edinburgh
Get under Edinburgh's skin today and you'll find out why it's so much more than its gothic architecture. Then: head underground on a spooky tour. Wait... did you just tap my shoulder? If you're up for it this evening, you could opt in to check out a traditional Scottish song and dance show. Och aye!
DAY 5 Edinburgh
You’ve got another full day to spend however you like in the Scottish capital. Don’t say we don’t spoil you! Why not check out the city vaults under South Bridge? Or, you could always just go for a stroll through the Old Town for a dose of UNESCO World Heritage amazingness. Today it’s all on you.
DAY 6 Edinburgh to the Scottish Highlands
Wild, breathtaking landscapes, mysterious legends and heaps of long-standing traditions - yep, we must be in the Scottish Highlands! Embrace the scenery, breathe the fresh air and take it all in. This place is like nowhere else in the world.
DAY 7 Scottish Highlands.
Another day filled with more glens, mountains and lochs than you can shake a sporran at! Make the most of the great Scottish outdoors while you still can – we’re off to Glasgow tomorrow.
DAY 8 Scottish Highlands to Glasgow
You can’t do Scotland without whisky. Fact! There’s an optional whisky distillery tasting tour today if you’re up for trying the good stuff. We’ll also show you around the city to help you get your bearings. Tonight, Glasgow’s bar scene beckons.
DAY 9 Glasgow to Belfast, Northern Ireland
Today we’ll ferry it over to a city with a lot of history and a buzzing, cosmopolitan feel. Yep, you guessed it – we’re going to Belfast! Hit up the Titanic Museum, visit City Hall or hop on an optional Black Cab tour and learn a few local tales and insider tips. Tonight: tuck into some local fare with the group before knocking back a pint or two. You'll fit right in!
DAY 10 Belfast to Galway, Republic of Ireland
Big question. How did 40,000 hexagonal rock columns end up in the same place? Doesn’t matter! The Giant’s Causeway rocks (pun intended). But in case you’re interested, this world-famous landmark is actually the result of a volcanic eruption. Pretty cool, huh? We’ll arrive in Galway tonight – the city that inspired Ed Sheeran’s ‘Galway Girl’.
DAY 11 Galway
Yay! You’ve got a free day to explore Galway! Grab yourself some fish and chips in a cosy pub (and don’t forget to team it with a beer). Then: go exploring and check out the amazing street performers and buskers. If you fancy it, you can also pay an optional visit to the Cliffs of Moher. The definition of beautiful, rugged coastline, this place is like something out of a movie.
DAY 12 Galway to Dublin
On the way to Dublin, we’ll stop off at ancient Newgrange – a site that’s older than both Stonehenge AND the Egyptian Pyramids. Wow! Tonight, sample a taste of tradition at an optional Irish show after dinner, or chill out in the Temple Bar district and soak up the atmosphere.
DAY 13 Dublin
First up: a walking tour of the city’s most famous and historic sights. Then: take in the views from the Guinness Skybar after touring the Guinness Storehouse (when in Dublin!). Want some ideas for your free afternoon? How about checking out Dublin Castle or St Stephen’s Green?
DAY 14 Dublin to Cardiff, Wales
Next stop: Cardiff. Let’s play a game - how many Welsh words can you learn in one night?
DAY 15 Cardiff
It’s your day, your way. Check out Cardiff Castle, go for a wander in Cardiff Bay or simply hit up St David’s Shopping Centre. And did we mention the pubs? There are A LOT of them. Extra points if you visit one while the rugby is on! Tonight, we’ve got one last farewell dinner to look forward to. Time to get all the selfies in!
DAY 16 Cardiff to London, England
All good things must come to an end. But not so fast – there are still two stops left! After heading to historic Bath for a walking tour, we’ll embrace the mystery surrounding those iconic stones at Stonehenge. Then: we're off to London Town for teary goodbyes. Who wants to go again?
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.