Varanasi Independent Adventure
from $ 2,566* per person
A perfect add-on to any trip to India, explore the mystical and holy Hindu city of Varanasi. Take memorable sunset and sunrise boat trips down the Ganges River and be enthralled by the thousands of devotees who come to the banks of the river to absolve themselves of their sins. Witness the bathing ghats and centuries-old temples, and explore the narrow winding lanes in search of exquisite silks, brassware, and stunning saris. Also visit Sarnath, known as the birthplace of Buddhism and the site of the enlightened Buddha’s first sermon.
Travel Dates: From 01/01/2017 to 31/12/2020
Duration: 3 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
- Varanasi city tour
- Sunset and sunrise boat trip on the holy Ganges River
- Guided excursion to Sarnath
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Comfort hotels (2 nts)
Group Size Notes
Day 1 Varanasi
Varanasi is the quintessential Indian holy city, where millions of Hindus travel for pilgrimage, to worship, to mourn, or to die. Included Activities: Arrival Day Meet and Greet Hotel Welcome Meeting Transport: Private Vehicle
Day 2 Varanasi (1B)
Varanasi is a pure vegetarian town – no eggs, meat, fish, or alcohol is allowed (within a certain distance of the river Ganges). Opt to visit Chaat Gali, a street of vendors selling the spiciest chaat (savoury snack) in the state. A visit to Varanasi is incomplete without tasting paan -- it is the perfect end to any meal and comes in many varieties – stuffed with gulkhand (rose petal preserve), cardamom, or grated coconut. Included Activities: City Tour Sarnath Visit Evening Ganges Boat Tour Transport: Cycle rickshaw
Day 3 Varanasi (1B)
Get up early for a sunrise boat ride along the Ganges and observe the dawn rituals of bathing and burial. Tour ends upon return to the hotel. Included Activities: Morning Ganges Boat Tour Transport: Cycle rickshaw
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.