Dubai Experience - Independent
Rising out of the surrounding desert, Dubai is one of the fastest growing cities in the world; this short trip into the United Arab Emirates gives you a taste of intriguing old-meets-new Dubai. Explore the tiny historical quarter of Bastakiya – set on the banks of the snaking Dubai Creek – then visit the chaotic souqs, winding your way through the gold and spice markets. A Dhow Cruise with dinner is a wonderful way of spending an evening; sail along the Dubai creek under the moonlight.
Destination: United Arab Emirates
Travel Dates: From 20/07/2019 to 02/01/2020
Duration: 3 days
- Discover the different sides of Dubai, from its spectacular futuristic skyline to the narrow alleyways of heritage Bastakiya, and the enticing Spice and Gold souqs to the sprawling beaches
Witness the towering minarets of the imposing Jumeriah Mosque, and learn more about Islam with a visit inside the only Dubai mosque open to non-Muslims
Experience the Dubai city skyline on board a traditional Dhow Cruise
Breakfasts Included: 2
Dinners Included: 1
Comfortable hotel (2 nights)
Group Size: 1 - 4
Dubai - Dinner Dhow Cruise
Dubai - Half-day city tour
Ahlan Wa Sahlan! Welcome to the United Arab Emirates. On arrival into Dubai Airport please clear customs and collect your luggage before meeting your private transfer. Please look out for your local Desert Adventures representative. From here, you will be transferred to the Arabian Courtyard Hotel. The hotel is centrally located in the downtown Al Fahidi historical area opposite the Dubai Museum and the Ruler’s Court. The rest of the day is free for you to discover what started out as a tiny pearl-diving village and has now grown into one of the world’s fastest growing and most extravagant cities. Bigger is certainly better in Dubai. It’s home to the world’s tallest building – the 829-metre-tall Burj Khalifa, containing the world’s highest restaurant (Level 122), outdoor observation deck (Level 148) and nightclub (Level 143) – one of the largest shopping malls (featuring one of the world’s biggest aquariums), the biggest indoor ski resort and the world’s only seven-star hotel. Here ATMs dispense gold bars and the police fleet includes a Lamborghini and Ferrari, but there are still parts where you're reminded that small and hidden can be beautiful too. Maybe head out for some retail therapy, enjoy the roof-top pool or jump on the complimentary bus service to the beach.
Explore Dubai with a half-day tour of the city. Your pick up will be between 8.30am and 9am. Please wait in the lobby of your hotel for your transfer and advise the concierge that your are waiting for a pick up from Daddak Tours. Discover the heritage area of Bastakiya, full of courtyards, wind towers, and narrow alleyways designed to give pedestrians shade from the sun. Merchants from Iran settled this area in the 1900s, and they built houses sophisticated for the time, including towers that funnelled breezes down into the buildings in an early form of air-conditioning. Next, visit the ornate Al Fahidi Fort and its museum, built in the early 1800s to protect the settlement from rival Bedouin tribes, and later the residence of the ruling sheikh. Ferry across the Dubai Creek alongside abras (water taxis) criss-crossing the water. Follow aromatic smells as you wander through the enticing spice centred around the creek, and then enter the largest gold market in Arabia, where precious metals and jewels glitter all around. Later, make a stop at the imposing Jumeirah Mosque for excellent photos. A Dhow Cruise with dinner is a wonderful way of spending an evening while aboard a traditionally decorated wooden dhow, as it sails along the Dubai creek under the moonlight. The major Dubai landmarks shine through the moonlight sky as the wooden vessel slips silently across the creek. The past and present architecture of the area is brought to its full beauty during this time. Notes: A more conservative dress code applies for some of the sights. Entrance may be denied if these are not followed. On Friday the museums and Souqs are closed in the morning and will reopen in the afternoon. For this reason the city tour will not take place. Our alternative Friday tour will be a Panoramic Modern Dubai City Tour.
This Dubai Experience comes to an end today. There are no activities planned for the final day and this trip finishes after breakfast. This experience includes a departure transfer back to Dubai Airport. You will be collected from the Hotel's main lobby approximately 3.5 hours before your scheduled departure flight. Your pick up details will be confirmed in the welcome pack you receive on Day 1. If you wish to extend you stay in Dubai, please speak to your booking agent about additional post tour accommodation.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.