Dubai Experience: Independent
Be prepared for the big city lights, grandiose structures and desert landscapes when you explore the many faces of one of the fastest growing cities in the world – Dubai. This three-day Independent Experience will give you a real taste of the intriguing old-meets-new city. Explore the tiny historical quarter of Bastakiya – set on the banks of the Dubai Creek, visit the city’s chaotic souqs, winding your way through markets teeming with gold and spices, and take an evening dhow dinner cruise sailing through Dubai under the moonlight. In such a small amount of time, you’ll get to know Dubai in a whole new light.
Destination: United Arab Emirates
Travel Dates: From 23/09/2019 to 02/01/2020
Duration: 3 days
- This Independent Experience takes all of the hard work out of a city escape
- All you need to do is show up at the right times, and you’ll be discovering Dubai better than most
Tour through the narrow alleyways of heritage Bastakiya, see the towering minarets of the imposing Jumeriah Mosque, and learn more about Islam with a visit inside the only Dubai mosque open to non-Muslims
Experience Dubai from the water on board a traditional dhow boat for a moonlight cruise past the towering skyline
- You’ll see the city from all different angles!
Breakfasts Included: 2
Dinners Included: 1
Comfortable hotel (2 nights)
Group Size: 1 - 4
Dubai - Dinner Dhow Cruise
Dubai - Half-day city tour
Ahlan wa sahlan! Welcome to the United Arab Emirates. On arrival into Dubai International Airport, clear customs and collect your luggage before meeting your private transfer. Please look out for your local Desert Adventures representative. From here, transfer to your centrally located hotel in the downtown Al Fahidi (Bastakiya) historical area, close to the Dubai Museum and the Ruler’s Court. The rest of the day is free for you to discover Dubai – a place that started out as a tiny pearl-diving village and has now grown into one of the world’s most extravagant cities. Bigger is certainly better in Dubai, as it’s home to the world’s tallest building – the 829-metre-tall Burj Khalifa, containing the world’s highest restaurant, outdoor observation deck and nightclub. It also has one of the largest shopping malls (featuring one of the world’s biggest aquariums), the biggest indoor ski resort and the world’s only seven-star hotel. Pretty impressive, huh. This afternoon, perhaps head out for some retail therapy, enjoy your rooftop pool or jump on the complimentary bus service to the beach – it’s up to you!
Explore Dubai beyond the facade with a half-day tour of the city. Discover the heritage area of Bastakiya, full of courtyards, wind towers, and narrow alleyways designed to give pedestrians shade from the sun. Merchants from Iran settled this area in the 1900s, and they built houses sophisticated for the time, including towers that funnelled breezes down into the buildings in an early form of air-conditioning. Next, visit the ornate Al Fahidi Fort and its museum, built in the early 1800s to protect the settlement from rival Bedouin tribes, and later the residence of the ruling sheikh. Ferry across the Dubai Creek alongside abras (water taxis) criss-crossing the water. Follow aromatic smells as you wander through the enticing spice market centred around the creek, and then enter the largest gold market in Arabia, where precious metals and jewels glitter all day. Later, make a stop at the imposing Jumeirah Mosque for some excellent photos. Tonight, a dhow cruise is a wonderful way of spending an evening – aboard a traditionally decorated wooden boat, enjoy dinner as it sails along the Dubai creek under the moonlight. The major Dubai landmarks shine through the moonlight sky as the wooden vessel slips silently across the creek. The past and present architecture of the area is brought to its full beauty during this time.
Your Dubai Experience comes to an end today. There are no activities planned for the final day and this trip finishes after breakfast. That doesn’t mean that your adventure has to come to an end! If you would like to spend more time in Dubai, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.