Abu Dhabi Experience
From humble beginnings rise great things. Abu Dhabi has transformed from a small fishing village into a sky-scrapered metropolis that’s the United Arab Emirates’ capital in both name and culture. Marvel at the glittering skyline of glass and steel, and at the marble domes of the Grand Mosque, one of the world’s most extravagant places of worship. Delve into the culture and history of the city-state while wandering down seaside walkways, and 4WD out into the desert and experience local culture at a Bedouin campsite. With a dose of poolside relaxation and retail therapy, this is a perfect short introduction to the Emirates.
Destination: United Arab Emirates
Travel Dates: From 24/02/2019 to 02/01/2020
Duration: 3 days
- Gaze in awe at the majestic Grand Mosque and vast array of skyscrapers dominating the city skyline
Drive along the perfectly manicured waterfront of Corniche
4WD into the golden sand dunes of Arabia, then experience camel riding and local culture at a Bedouin campsite
Breakfasts Included: 2
Dinners Included: 1
Comfortable hotel (2 nights)
Group Size: 1 - 6
Abu Dhabi - Desert Safari
1 Abu Dhabi
Ahlan Wa Sahlan! Welcome to Abu Dhabi, the opulent desert oasis and United Arab Emirates’ capital in name and in culture. On arrival, please clear customs and collect your luggage before locating your shuttle transfer representative (if you have pre-booked this service). This Shortbreak Adventure is operated by our local operator Desert Adventures, and includes a coach transfer to your hotel. Please look for a Desert Adventures representative wearing an orange T-shirt and carrying a sign with your name. Once all passengers have arrived you will be transferred to centrally located hotel. The hotel is conveniently located about 20 minutes from the airport. The rest of the day is free to spend as you wish. Maybe head out for some retail therapy, enjoy the roof-top pool, or jump on the complimentary bus service to the beach. There is plenty to do and see in Abu Dhabi – if you wish to stay longer ask your agent about booking additional pre or post tour accommodation.
2 Abu Dhabi
This morning is yours to explore at your own leisure. Be mesmerised by the grandness of the new additions to Abu Dhabi’s skyline. Marvel at the jewel of the city, the majestic Grand Mosque, the third largest in the world. It sparkles in the sun like the Taj Mahal, with thousands of columns decorated with flowers, and domes topped with golden spires. Perhaps do some shopping at the Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, home to a large array of luxury boutiques and souvenir stores, or relax with a walk along the Corniche, an impressive eight-kilometre stretch of perfectly manicured waterfront with children’s play area, beach, cafés and restaurants. In the afternoon, join safari guides in a 4WD for an adventure into the golden sand dunes of Arabia. Experience the thrill of a lifetime while riding through the undulating dunes, then see a beautiful scenic sunset over the desert. Continue to a Bedouin campsite, where you can take an iconic camel ride through the dunes. There is also henna design, Arabic gava (coffee), local dresses, refreshments, a Hubbly Bubbly (hookah) and a delicious barbeque buffet to enjoy. Adding to the atmosphere of the night is an enchanting belly dancer performing to Arabic rhythms. After this desert adventure, return to your Abu Dhabi Hotel. Notes: On Friday the museums and souqs are closed in the morning and will reopen in the afternoon. For this reason your itinerary will be amended to accommodate this or an upgrade to private afternoon tour is available. Please speak to your booking agent for more information.
3 Abu Dhabi
There are no activities planned for the final day and this trip finishes after breakfast. This Shortbreak includes a departure transfer shuttle back to Abu Dhabi Airport. You will be collected from the hotel's main lobby approximately three hours before your scheduled departure flight. Your pick up details will be confirmed in the welcome pack you receive on Day 1. If you wish to extend you stay in Abu Dhabi, please speak to your booking agent about additional post tour accommodation.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.