The Australian outback has to be experienced to be believed. This is home to the world's oldest living culture, to skyscraper-sized boulders, scores of crocodiles & kangaroos, ancient rainforest, and the giant red monolith that is Uluru. You'll see it all from Darwin to Uluru in 8 incredible days, with time for sunset hikes, natural wonders, and lunar landscapes along the way.
Travel Dates: From 12/07/2020 to 18/04/2021
Duration: 8 days
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 7918229
Gain fascinating insights into Aboriginal culture at the Warradjan Cultural CentreHike to see thousands-of-years-old ancient Aboriginal rock art at Nourlangie RockTake a hike up to the jaw dropping Ubirr Lookout (seasonal)Experience & learn about Aboriginal cultural heritage with spear throwing & bush medicine at PudakulBBQ DinnerWatch a golden sunrise over the sacred site of UluruVisit the Olgas (Kata Tjuta), the Walpa Gorge & the Valley of the Winds in the heart of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National ParkIndulge in a BBQ 'Big Brekkie'Toast Uluru at sunset with drinks & nibbles
7 nights in multi-share: a lodge, a hostel and a Special Stay, wilderness Bush Bungalows in Kakadu National Park
- We'll provide 7 breakfasts, plus two group dinners
- The rest of your meals we'll leave up to you to explore modern Australian cuisine and local eats
- Our TM's will always be on hand with their must-try meal recommendations
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life
- Local Guides who show you a different side to Australia
- This is your team
- Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do
After arriving in Darwin, we'll waste no time getting into it as we head out for an optional visit to Crocosaurus Cove. This unique visit lets you get up-close and personal with these primitive predators at the world's largest display of Australian reptiles.
We'll make the most of the day by heading to Litchfield National Park where we'll check out the enormous termite mounds and famous Florence Falls.Here we'll hit Florence Falls - two waterfalls pouring over a wide plateau into into deep, picture-perfect water holes. Grab your swimmers to take a heavenly dip in the crystal clear waters.More adventure awaits us this afternoon as we head to Kakadu National Park. Here, we'll explore the breathtaking beauty of the surrounding National Park. Fully immersed in these timeless lands, we'll settle into our unique special stay for tonight, the Bush Bungalows (seasonal Apr-Oct.)
Cameras at the ready! We have all day today to explore the breathtaking beauty of the surrounding National Park. You'll have the option to see the unique terrain of the Northern Territory from the sky, gliding over the strikingly different landscapes on a scenic flight. Or, if you prefer to keep things closer to ground level, you can opt for a Yellow Waters cruise, while learning why this region is so important to the local Aboriginal people. We'll also take a hike up to Ubirr lookout, to catch a stunning sunset over the Nadab floodplain.
We'll depart Kakadu this morning and head to Pudakul for our included Contiki Cares cultural tour, 100% owned and operated by a local indigenous couple. Here we'll get to experience a guided walk, didgeridoo demonstrations, spear-throwing, bush medicine & crafts, then refresh ourselves with tea and damper.We'll make a stop at Berry Springs (seasonal - dry season) for a dip on the way back to Darwin. Humbled by all the natural splendour,this afternoon we'll arrive back into Darwin for the night. What better way to say farewell to the top end of our trip than with an optional Sunset Cruise on Darwin Harbour?
Today we board a flight from Darwin toUluru. With authentic Australian experiences high on our agenda this is the place to be!Today we reach the most iconic rock of all, and a bonafide trip highlight: Uluru. Here we'll settle into our lodge, ready for a few days of exploring this jaw-dropping destination. Before your head hits the pillow, we'll have a BBQ dinner and settle into our lodge, ready for a few days of exploring.
After a comfy night's sleep it's time to get out and about and explore the majesty of Uluru. And what better way to start the day than witnessing the rock bathed in the golden glow of an Australian sunrise? A sacred site for the local aboriginal tribe, this imposing rock is actually a staggering 700 million years old. We'll then get right into the heart of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park with a hike to the Walpa Gorge and Valley of the Winds, where boulders bigger than skyscrapers dominate the landscape then marvel at the lesser known but no less impressive rock formation of the Olgas, or Kata Tjuta as it's known to the locals. This afternoon you'll have a chance to try out your skills by taking an optional Segway tour.You could also take part in a dot painting workshop or maybe kick it with camels.
Grab your sneakers, camera and your sense of adventure - it's time for a day trip! Our first stop is an included Big BBQ Brekkie at Kings Creek Station, then we're ready to go.Your guided hike around the imposing King's Canyon awaits. Wonder at the lunar-like landscape as you hike through the canyon and take respite from the sun in the shady space at the bottom of the climb, The Garden of Eden. It's as idyllic and mythical as it sounds and is home to its own unique ecosystem in this barren landscape.Finish the day off with a glass of bubbles in hand and the sunset casting a glow over the Outback's most picturesque backdrop, there'w no better way to spend your final evening in Australia.
This morning we'll have the chance to check out the landscape from the clouds with a scenic flight or a Skydive over the outback before it's time to say our sad farewells to our Contiki family. Australia, it's been real. We may shed a tear, but we'll never forget what we've experienced together in this spectacular land. And just remember, it's not goodbye, just see you soon.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 31 March 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.