Turkey Family Holiday with teenagers
from $ 5,694* per person
Explore the stunning scenery of Turkey on this trip that the whole family will love. Wander around ancient ruins in Fethiye, Xanthos and Letoon, learn about the history of Fethiye and the Lycian people, take it easy on the beach at Butterfly Valley and take to the ocean aboard a private gulet – searching for the perfect cove for swimming. Dine on traditional Turkish food like borek, baklava, pide and balik and enjoy all of the delights that Turkey has to offer.
Travel Dates: From 20/10/2019 to 30/10/2021
Duration: 8 days
Departing From: Kas
- There's no better way to explore the stunning Turkish coastline than sailing along it for two nights
- Relax on deck, swim and snorkel off the back of a traditional gulet into warm crystal water
Get pampered with a real Turkish hamam (spa) experience, complete with treatments that are fun for the kids, and refreshing and invigorating for the parents!
Squeeze into the steep sided Saklikent Gorge, marvel at its size, then scramble over rocks and cool off together in the melted mountain snow
Tuck into a traditional Turkish breakfast then feel ancient history come to life on the Lycian Coast, site of fierce struggles and great battles
Slip, slide, and chill the day away for a trip of family fun and frolics in an Oludeniz water park
Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 3
Dinners Included: 2
Gulet Cabin (2 nts),Hotel (5 nts)
Age: min 10
Group Size: 2 - 12
Saklikent - Saklikent Gorge
Oludeniz - Waterworld Aquapark
Fethiye - Facial Treatment
Fethiye - Turkish Bath
Kayakoy - Gozleme Cooking Class
Xanthos - Archaeological site
Patara - Ancient Site & Beach
Letoon - Archaeological site
Day 1: Fethiye
Welcome to Turkey. This adventure kicks off in the coastal city of Fethiye. You can arrive at any time during the day as there are no activities planned until a Welcome Meeting at 5pm today – see reception for more details. We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please have these on hand. If you arrive early, get out and explore the town – with Lycian rock tombs carved into cliffs, a beautiful coastline and a renowned market, Fethiye is a laidback, friendly town full of wonderful Turkish cuisine and culture. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability) should you wish to arrive early!
Day 2: Saklikent Gorge
This morning after breakfast, drive for approximately 30 minutes to Saklikent Gorge. You’ll spend the whole morning here, and the gorge is a spectacular place where steep sculpted walls soar high above. The whole canyon is around 18 kilometres long, with 4 kilometres accessible, and the vertical walls can reach up to 300 metres in height. In the summer, its shaded areas and water pools are a great way to cool off from the heat. You can make your way along a suspended walkway though shaded cliffs, scramble over rocks as you explore the area, splash about in the water that’s rushed down in the valley after the snow from the Taurus Mountains has melted, and cool your feet near a waterfall. There are cafes and restaurants setup on pontoons over the water, and it’s a lovely place to enjoy. After lunch, head back to Fethiye in the afternoon to explore the town or relax by the pool. Perhaps race each other up the steps to the ancient Lycian stone temples, each carved directly from the rock. Packing: it is recommended that you bring a waterproof bag and water shoes (or shoes you don't mind getting wet) for the Gorge.
Day 3: Oludeniz
Today you’ll discover another great way to cool off from the Turkish heat – head to a nearby water park for a day of family fun and frolics in nearby Oludeniz. The park has nine slides, a kid's pool, wave pool, the main swimming pool, and a ‘lazy river’ that can be floated down on a rubber ring. Spend a blissful day slipping down water slides and scampering between pools. There are restaurants and cafes with cold drinks, ice-creams as well as Turkish national food ‘gozleme’ and pancakes. There are also lockers and safety deposit boxes. Cash is not used in the water park to save you having to carry it about or take money in the pool or slides. To make things easy you can load your money to your Oludeniz Water World Aquapark card and then buy drinks and food via this card. Tonight, perhaps get stuck into some of the great seafood on offer in Fethiye.
Day 4: Fethiye
This morning you will have free time to relax or explore the impressive harbour, filled with traditional gulet, fishing boats and cruise boats that day-trip the pretty harbour islands before heading to the town of Kayakoy where we will try our hands at making a local treat of gozlemes in a local restaurant. What you make will be for lunch! Once back in Fethiye the group will have a well earned break at a local hamam (Turkish sauna) for a scrub and a foam massage.
Day 5: Gulet Cruise
Leaving Fethiye, we take a 2 hour drive to Kas, where you'll you’ll climb aboard a gulet for two days of idyllic relaxation on the sea. There’s no firm plan – much depends on the tides and local conditions. Your days are usually spent cruising between the little coves and islands that dot this beautiful part of southwest Turkey. Naturally, there are plenty of opportunities to take a dip in the inviting waters of the Aegean. Parents can sit back, relax and watch the world go by while the kids can emulate their favourite sea-faring heroes.
Day 6: Gulet Cruise
Wake up aboard your gulet and get into the rhythm of life along the Turkish seas. Continue your cruise around the stunning coast, and spend your time on the beautiful azure waters of the Mediterranean Sea swimming, relaxing, and exploring the natural and historical sites along the way. You’ll have the opportunity to go on land, hike and explore hidden coves, as well as go for plenty of swims in crystal clear waters. Watch a memorable Turkish sun set as you bob on the ocean, then, at night, indulge in unforgettable feasts before being lulled to sleep by sultry Mediterranean breezes.
Day 7: Fethiye
It's a full and exciting day today. After a hearty breakfast, depart early and drive for just over an hour to one of the greatest and most spectacular ancient spots in Lycian history – Xanthos (approximately 1 hour). The city dates back to 8th century BC and has a pretty horrible (but interesting) history of murder and suicide. The city was the centre of culture and commerce for the Lycians, but as it sat on the lines between Europe and the Eastern World it was regularly in the path of conquerors – the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great, and the Romans all took over the city. There's a great amphitheatre, as well as a necropolis, mosaic floors, and temples to explore. Afterwards, head the short distance to Patara Beach, rightly considered one of the best beaches in Turkey. This protected natural area is home to a long stretch of soft sand, shallow blue water and gentle waves ideal for a bit of body-surfing. After a swim and picnic lunch here, continue back towards Fethiye, stopping at Letoon – the sacred cult centre of Lycia – en route. Here there was a temple dedicated to the goddess Leto, and her children, Artemis and Apollo, and the inscriptions were key in deciphering of the Lycian language.. Before arriving back in Fethiye for a final night.
Day 8: Fethiye
Your adventure comes to an end today. For those with additional time contact your booking agent to add some additional nights onto your tour.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.