Turkey Family Holiday with teenagers
from $ 7,332* per person
Explore the stunning scenery of Turkey on this trip that the whole family will love. Wander around ancient ruins in Fethiye, Xanthos and Letoon, learn about the history of Fethiye and the Lycian people, take it easy on the beach at Kas and take to the ocean on a cruise, swimming in the crystal waters of the Mediterranean.
Travel Dates: From 10/07/2021 to 14/08/2021
Duration: 8 days
Departing From: Kas
- Cruise between islands and islets and marvel at submerged ruins on a relaxing boat trip around Kekova
Get pampered with a real Turkish hamam (spa) experience, complete with treatments that are fun for the kids and invigorating for parents!
Squeeze into the steep-sided Saklikent Gorge, marvel at its size, then scramble over rocks and cool off together in the melted mountain snow
Tuck into a traditional Turkish breakfast then feel ancient history come to life on the Lycian Coast, site of fierce struggles and great battles
Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 3
Dinners Included: 2
Hotel (7 nights)
Private MInivan,local bus
Age: min 10
Group Size: 2 - 16
Saklikent - Saklikent Gorge
Fethiye - Facial Treatment
Fethiye - Turkish Bath
Kayakoy - Gozleme Cooking Class
Fethiye - Market
Kas - Leader led orientation walk
Kas - Full day cruise
Xanthos - Archaeological site
Patara - Ancient Site & Beach
Letoon - Archaeological site
Day 1: Fethiye
Welcome to Turkey. This adventure kicks off in the coastal city of Fethiye. You can arrive at any time during the day as there are no activities planned until a Welcome Meeting at 5 pm today – see reception for more details. We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please have these on hand. If you arrive early, get out and explore the town – with Lycian rock tombs carved into cliffs, a beautiful coastline and a renowned market, Fethiye is a laidback, friendly town full of wonderful Turkish cuisine and culture. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability) should you wish to arrive early!
Day 2: Saklikent Gorge
This morning after breakfast, drive for approximately 30 minutes to Saklikent Gorge. You’ll spend the whole morning here, and the gorge is a spectacular place where steep sculpted walls soar high above. The whole canyon is around 18 kilometres long, with four kilometres accessible, and the vertical walls can reach up to 300 metres in height. In the summer, its shaded areas and water pools are a great way to cool off from the heat. You can make your way along a suspended walkway through shaded cliffs, scramble over rocks as you explore the area, splash about in the water that’s travelled down to the valley after the snow from the Taurus Mountains has melted, and cool your feet near a waterfall. There are cafes and restaurants set up on pontoons over the water, and it’s a lovely place to enjoy a meal. After lunch, head back to Fethiye in the afternoon to explore the town or relax by the pool. Perhaps race each other up the steps to the ancient Lycian stone temples, carved into the rock. Packing: it is recommended that you bring a waterproof bag and water shoes (or shoes that you don't mind getting wet) for the gorge.
Day 3: Fethiye
This morning we head off to the town of Kayakoy where we will try our hands at making a local treat of gozleme in a local restaurant. What you make will be for lunch! After lunch we check out the ghost villages before reading to Fethiye, where the group will have a well-earned break at a local hamam (Turkish sauna) for a scrub and a foam massage.
Day 4: Fethiye
After breakfast we will visit the food section of the Fethiye Market. The large open-air market attracts a huge number of buyers and sellers from all over the region. Your leader will take you on a walk of the market to try some fruits and spices, discover Turkish coffee and sample local sweets. There will be ample time to wander the market at your leisure before a free afternoon – consider heading to the Water Park in nearby Oludeniz to cool off.
Day 5: Kas
Today's adventure takes us to the seaside town of Kas. It’s a 2 hour drive along winding coastal roads with lovely views to the picturesque village, where whitewashed buildings covered in bougainvillea line cobbled streets. Check in, take a guided orientation walk and then explore at your leisure. The best places in town to swim are the waterfront restaurants that have private water access. The price of a drink will get you a deckchair, umbrella and unbeatable views. In the evening watch the sun set over the ocean from the ancient amphitheatre, then perhaps explore the handicraft markets, where beautiful handmade wares with a distinctly Turkish flavour are on offer.
Day 6: Kas
Drive to Kekova this morning and board a local boat for a relaxing cruise through a series of peaceful and picturesque islands, all with distinctive rock formations. Keep an eye out for an other-worldly sight – ancient ruins submerged in the crystal-clear water. Sail from large bays to beautiful protected inlets, where there is the chance to take a refreshing dip off the boat. Enjoy a homemade Turkish meal on board and later alight at the quaint village of Ucagiz, a township of stone houses drenched in colourful flowers. Return to Kas for the evening, where you will have free time to explore further or relax.
Day 7: Fethiye
It's a full and exciting day today. After a hearty breakfast, depart early and drive (approximately 1 hour) to one of the greatest and most spectacular ancient spots in Lycian history – Xanthos. The city dates back to the 8th century BC and includes a pretty horrible (but interesting) history of murder and suicide. The city was the centre of culture and commerce for the Lycians, but as it sat on the lines between Europe and the Eastern World it was regularly in the path of conquerors – the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great, and the Romans all took over the city. There's a great amphitheatre, as well as a necropolis, many mosaic floors and temples to explore. Afterwards, head the short distance to Patara Beach, rightly considered one of the best beaches in Turkey. This protected natural area is home to a long stretch of soft sand, shallow blue water and gentle waves ideal for a bit of body-surfing. After a swim and picnic lunch here, stop in at Letoon – the sacred cult centre of Lycia. Here there was a temple dedicated to the goddess Leto and her children, Artemis and Apollo, and the inscriptions found there were key to deciphering the Lycian language. Head back to Fethiye for a final night.
Day 8: Fethiye
Your adventure comes to an end today. For those with additional time contact your booking agent to add some additional nights onto your tour.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 May 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.