Gallipoli Pilgrimage Upgraded
from $ 842* per person
Travel to a region associated with one of the most significant military battles of our time. Be guided through Anzac Cove to the battlefields, the Nek and Lone Pine and share the stories of heroism and camaraderie that unfolded among the tragedies of what has become a defining moment in Australian and New Zealand history. Many say that the struggles of Gallipoli marked the birth of a national consciousness among Australians and New Zealanders. This journey provides a great opportunity to pay respect to those who lost their lives and to reflect on what they fought for, and you'll be able to take time out to explore Troy before returning to Istanbul.
Travel Dates: From 01/10/2020 to 01/01/2023
Duration: 2 days
Departing From: Istanbul
- A moving and educational experience regardless of your age or background
Listen to stories of bravery and comradeship
A quintessential Antipodean pilgrimage, to reflect and pay your respects
A comfort version of our Gallipoli Short Break – with upgraded accommodation and a private Intrepid Leader from start to finish
Breakfasts Included: 1
Lunches Included: 1
Hotel (1 night)
Public Bus,Taxi,Private Bus,Ferry
Age: min 5
Group Size: 1 - 12
Gallipoli - Fully guided Gallipoli tour & visit to the Commonwealth graveyards
Day 1: Istanbul/Gallipoli
Hosgeldinz. Welcome to Turkey! Your Gallipoli Pilgrimage starts at approximately 7.30am this morning. Your Intrepid Leader will collect you from the Haze Hotel Istanbul or, if advised prior to departure, from your alternate Sultanahmet hotel (Please call and reconfirm with the office at least 24 hours prior to pick up on +90 532 641 2822 ). You will then transfer to the main bus station and take a comfortable public bus to Eceabat, (Journey time - 5.5 hours) On arrival transfer to a private vehicle for your fully guided tour of the Battlefields of the Gallipoli Peninsular including: ~ Brighton Beach ~ ANZAC Cove ~ ANZAC Commemorative Site ~ Ariburnu & Beach Cemetery ~ Respect to Mehmetcik Statue ~ Lone Pine Australian Memorial ~ Johnston's Jolly (Turkish and Allied trenches and tunnels) ~ Quinn's Post ~ The Nek and Walker's Ridge ~ Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial For any Australian or New Zealander visiting the shores of Turkey, a visit to the battle fields of the Gallipoli Peninsula is a must. The battle at Gallipoli in WW1 is seen as the turning point in the history both of these nations (and also the Republic of Turkey). It was the moment when the nations' characters were defined and the core value of mateship was embedded in their psyche. The names of ANZAC Cove, the Nek and Lone Pine have a special place in the hearts of Antipodeans and are just some of the places you will visit first hand on this trip. You will be struck by the beauty and serenity of the place, in stark contrast to the stories your guide will tell you of the events that unfolded here. You will walk through the trenches and be transported to a place in history. Pride will swell in the stories of heroism and camaraderie, not only amongst one's own troops but also with the enemy, making this a truly unique battlefield. There are opportunities to visit the war graves to seek out those from your town or area. Perhaps drop by Boomerang Bar in Eceabat after the tour to toast the diggers before taking the ferry across the Dardanelles to Canakkale for the evening. Your Leader will be able to point out the best spots for dinner.
Day 2: Gallipoli/Istanbul
Today we will have a free morning in Canakkale. Why not consider taking an optional guided tour of of the historical site of Troy. We will be learning a lot about the famous archaeological site of Troy and see a replica statue of the Trojan Horse. Then, delve into the interesting era’s of Troy and discover how this settlement transformed over time. At 1.00pm board a public bus with your Leader back to Istanbul (journey time 5.5 hours depending on traffic). Arriving back in Istanbul to the main bus station your tour leader will accompany you by local transfer back to the Golden Horn Hotel OR to your nominated hotel. We recommend you arrange an additional night's accommodation for the evening of day 2. Extra accommodation pre and post tour can be requested, please ask your agent at time of booking. Accommodation can also be requested for Canakkale if planning to stay longer on the peninsula.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.