Five Days in Cappadocia
from $ 2,917* per person
Take a short and sweet trip full of Turkish delights, hitting the country’s most renowned region –Cappadocia – on this five-day natural adventure. Discover the weird and wonderful world of fairy chimneys, rock formations and otherworldly surroundings of Cappadocia’s sprawling valleys, go deep underground to explore the hidden cities of Derinkuyu and Kaymakli and bask in local hospitality and authentic food for a true taste of the place. It’s not Turkey unless you’ve tried and tested their kebab, and you’ll have a handful of days to do so much more than that. You might call Cappadocia quirky, but we call it Turkey.
Travel Dates: From 02/06/2020 to 13/11/2021
Duration: 5 days
Company: Intrepid Travel 18 to 29
- The weird and wonderful world of Cappadocia might be the most unusual place in Turkey
- Learn all about its fairy chimneys and sprawling rock formations from your expert local leaders
Cappadocia’s wonder is beautiful at all angles, but none more so than from on top
- Consider the chance for a sunrise hot air-balloon ride, giving you the ultimate view of this awesome landscape
Exploring the underground cities of Derinkuyu and Kaymakli is mind-blowing – head four levels underground and discover where thousands of people used to live
Get a dose of good old-fashioned Turkish hospitality, staying with a local family in a traditional guesthouse in Ortahisar and watching the sun set over the valley
The thriving metropolis of Istanbul is where East literally meets West
- With the option to extend your stay here, you’ve got the power to continue your Turkish escapade right away!
Breakfasts Included: 3
Dinners Included: 1
Local Pension (3 nights) Overnight Bus (1 night)
Public Bus,Private Vehicle,Overnight Bus
Age: min 18, max 29
Group Size: 1 - 16
Goreme - Dinner at Cappadoccian Family House
Cappadocia -Kaymakli Underground City
Cappadocia - Highlights
Cappadocia - Wine and Sunset
Cappadocia - Pottery Demonstration
Cappadocia - Valley Hiking
Day 1: Antalya - Cappadocia
Ready? Let’s adventure – your trip starts bright and early in Antalya at 8 am. Meet your group leader and the rest of your group, then head to the bus station and travel to Goreme in Cappadocia by local bus (approximately 9.5 hours). Once arrived, take a leader-led orientation walk to get your bearings and maybe visit the Ortahisar Castle in the afternoon. Tonight you’ll stay at local host Nazim's house in Ortahisar who has an amazing spot with views over a secluded valley. Your family hosts will treat you to some true Turkish hospitality with home-cooked food – Cappadocia style.
Day 2: Cappadocia
Weird rock formations, fairy chimneys and underground cities – Cappadocia is pretty wacky. This morning you have the option of taking an early hot air balloon ride over the landscapes at sunrise. Those who choose to opt in for this optional extra will have a seriously excellent time, getting high above the changing colours below as the sun rises. Later in the morning, head underground and explore some of the 36 underground cities in Cappadocia. These rabbit-warren metropolises were carved into the earth thousands of years ago. Discover the highlights of the region this afternoon, checking out Pigeon Valley and Deverent Valley – your group leader will know all the best places to stop. Later this afternoon, grab some wine and some local cheese and find a perfect vantage point to enjoy the sunset. Afterwards, you might like to check out the nightlife in Goreme, or for something more mystical, hit up a traditional sema performance of whirling dervishes.
Day 3: Cappadocia
Put your boots on and hike the hills and mountains to Goreme. One arrived in Goreme, spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing and deciding what to do. You might like to pull up a bean bag at ‘Fat Boys’ or, if you’re muscles are causing you grief, why not try a local hammam for a traditional Turkish spa treatment. Tonight is also yours to choose your own adventure, so get some of your travel crew together and head out for some dinner.
Day 4: Cappadocia - Overnight bus
Spend the day exploring the Cappadocia area some more. If you like, you can stop by the Goreme Open Air Museum – a medieval wonderland of old rock-cut churches and frescoes. For a very different taste of the diverse landscape around here, you could check out Avanos, or hire a bike and ride through the valleys out to Cavusin. Soganli Valley is another popular spot – it’s a bit of a drive but a great place for some local lunch and churches also with awesome frescoes. Keep in mind that tonight you’ll board an overnight bus bound for Istanbul (approximately 10–12 hours).
Day 5: Istanbul
Arrive into Istanbul this morning, where you’ll say goodbye to your group leader and travel pals at a centrally located hostel. With no activities planned for today, you are free to leave at any time. That doesn’t mean your Turkish adventure has to come to an end! If you would like to spend more time checking out all Istanbul has to offer, including the Blue Mosque, the huge Grand Bazaar and the flowing Bosphorus, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.