Tokyo and Mt Fuji
A fusion of dazzling Tokyo and Japan's serene Five Lakes District, this 'urban-meets-rural' trip mixes the city's bright lights, sights and shops, with time at Mt. Fuji.
Travel Dates: From 08/04/2020 to 30/12/2020
Duration: 4 days
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 5492353
CITY TOUR of TokyoVISIT the Sensoji Temple, the Imperial Palace Plaza and GinzaVIEW Mt
- FujiSEE the Tokyo Tower
3 breakfastsDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayHandcrafted Highlights
Combine Japan's larger-than-life capital with the snow-capped icon that looms on the horizon. On arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport, you'll transfer by airport shuttle service to your centrally located hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day and evening at leisure.
Launch your City Tour this morning with an orientation drive that will take you past the National Diet (Japanese Parliament) and Tokyo Tower, once the tallest building in Tokyo. Stop at the Imperial Palace Plaza, from where you can view the two bridges that form the entrance to the inner grounds of the Imperial Palace, the primary residence of the Emperor of Japan. Continue to Tokyo's Gateway to the North, the Ueno district, and visit Ameyoko Street Market, once a black market selling American goods after World War II. Watch how this thriving hub is frequented by locals seeking the best bargains, then visit the Sensō-ji Buddhist temple in Asakusa, which has been rebuilt countless times since it was founded in 628, making it Tokyo's oldest temple site. Pass through the vermilion-lacquered Kaminarimon Gate and stroll down Nakamise shopping street soaking up the shitamachi (downtown Tokyo) atmosphere. Next, make a stop in Ginza and enjoy some free time for shopping. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure.
After breakfast, depart Tokyo for the Five Lakes District, dominated by Japan's UNESCO-listed Mt. Fuji, which towers over the surrounding landscape at 3,776 metres. Ascend by road to the 5th Station, a spectacular vantage point at 2,300 metres, before taking a ride on the Kachikachiyama Ropeway (both weather permitting) for views of Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi. Later, return to your hotel for a relaxing evening.
Your brief encounter with Tokyo and the splendour of Mt. Fuji at its end, take a transfer by airport shuttle service to Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport for your onward flight.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 01 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.