Kruger Experience - Lodge (3 days)
from $ 5,850* per person
No holiday to South Africa would be complete without a safari - a chance to spot Africa's Big Five and to wander the vast open savanna. Join us as we heed the call of the Kruger and embark on a magical journey into this vast, game-filled national park. Search for lions, leopards, buffaloes, rhinos and elephants during the day, and then relax in a comfortable lodge at night. This is the perfect way to see the spectacular Kruger National Park without sacrificing creature comforts.
Destination: South Africa
Travel Dates: From 19/08/2019 to 02/01/2021
Duration: 3 days
Departing From: Johannesburg
- Experience a private game reserve after dark in an open top 4x4 vehicle
Enjoy traditional South African cuisine while dining under the stars
Try to spot the Big Five in Kruger National Park on a full day game drive
Stay in a comfortable safari lodge in a communal setting with friendly hosts
Visit the awesome Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels on your return trip to Johannesburg
Breakfasts Included: 2
Lunches Included: 1
Dinners Included: 2
Lodge (2 nts)
4x4 safari vehicle,minibus
Age: min 6
Group Size: 1 - 16
Private Game Reserve - 4x4 Game Drive
Kruger National Park - Full Day Game Drive
Kruger Lodge Reserve - Morning Nature Walk
Day 1: Johannesburg / Greater Kruger National Park
Sawubona! Welcome to South Africa. Your Kruger Short Break starts very early this morning to get you to Kruger for a late lunch. If staying at the Holiday Inn Rosebank you will be picked up at 6am. If you are staying at alternate hotel (and advised us prior to departure) you will be picked up from 5:30am onwards. The exact time of pick-up for alternate hotels will be communicated to your hotel reception in the afternoon prior to day 1 of your itinerary. Please verify this time with reception the evening prior to your start day. We depart Johannesburg, the 'City of Gold' and head off on an adventure of a lifetime. A truly unique African experience unfolds as we enter the Greater Kruger National Park ecosystem arriving at our Lodge in time for lunch (570 km, approx 8-9 hours travel time including stops along the way). After some time to settle in, head off on a late afternoon/evening Big Five game drive in open 4x4 vehicles in a private game reserve. Sundowner drinks are enjoyed at one of the waterholes before continuing our game drive into the night. Located in the greater Kruger, your accommodation is wonderfully intimate, with limited permanent safari tented rooms. Rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortably appointed with private ensuite. The lodge also offers a comfortable lounge, perfect for chatting with the other guests over a drink or two. There is also a swimming pool, shaded deck area, dining tent and WiFi. However we think the quality which makes the lodge stand out from the rest is the friendliness and exceptional service of the team.
Day 2: Greater Kruger National Park
One of the largest game reserves in Southern Africa, Kruger National Park is home to over 500 bird species, 100 species of reptile and 150 mammal species, including the Big Five and the endangered African wild dog. An early rise, as we make our way to the Kruger. Our wildlife experience begins as soon as we enter the park, heading into prime game viewing areas where we hope to catch a glimpse of some of the amazing animals found inside the park, including the Big Five. Enjoy breakfast at one of the picnic spots before continuing through the park. Our entire day will be spent game viewing, bird watching and stopping off at the various waterholes en route. We depart the park in the late afternoon and return to the lodge for an evening of relaxation.
Day 3: Greater Kruger National Park / Johannesburg
Rise early and head out on a morning bush walk. Guided by a qualified nature guide, we learn about nature's finer details like bird, tree and spoor identification. Transfer back to Johannesburg (600 km, approx 9-10 hrs). Along the way take in amazing views at the viewpoint over the awesome Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels. On arrival in Jo'burg you can be dropped at the airport or any nominated Johannesburg or Pretoria hotel. No accommodation is provided for tonight, but we are able to book you additional accommodation in Johannesburg. Please ask at time of booking. Please don't book any international flights until after 10pm this evening.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.