Shanghai to Hong Kong Fujian Adventure
from $ 5,733* per person
It’s in the spaces between Shanghai and Hong Kong that you get a true taste of what China has to offer. On this nine-day trip, you’ll get to stay in famous Hakka roundhouses and really get a sense of rural Chinese culture. Additionally, there’ll be time to take the perfect hike in the beautiful Wuyishan area and hit up a few of the major cities as well. China can be difficult to navigate on your own, so let us take the planning off your shoulders and leave you free to simply enjoy the ride.
Travel Dates: From 10/06/2015 to 21/12/2020
Duration: 9 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Wuyishan entrance ticket, including hiking
- Orientation walks in Shanghai and Xiamen
- Tour of a traditional tulou
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
No meals included
Hotels (5 nts), Hostel (standard twin/single) (1 nt), guesthouse (standard twin/single) (2 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 18, avg 14
Train, local bus, walking
Day 1 Shanghai
Arrive at any time. Additional Notes: There is so much to see in Shanghai, we recommend bookings pre nights to explore on your own. Peak season notice: Golden Week falls between October 1st and 7th, 2019/2020/2021. Please note that Golden Week is a semi-annual 7-day or 8-day national holiday for the people of China. This is a very busy time of the year for domestic tourists, so expect some crowding at major attractions. We recommend booking these dates well in advance as accommodations and transportation availability is extremely limited. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Shanghai/Wuyishan
Enjoy free time to explore before boarding a bullet train to Wuyishan in the Fujian province. Transport: Bullet train (3.50 hour(s)) Local bus (0.50-1.00 hours)
Day 3 Wuyishan
Explore the area with an included entrance ticket to the reserve. Go hiking and opt to go bamboo rafting. Included Activities: Wuyishan Reserve Visit Wuyishan Nature Reserve Hike Transport: Local bus (0.50-1.00 hours)
Day 4 Wuyishan/Xiamen
Xiamen is a modern city with a little something for everyone from night markets to beautiful sculptures lit-up at night to peaceful parks. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Transport: Local bus (0.50-1.00 hours) Train (3.00 hour(s)) Metro (0.50-1.00 hours)
Day 5 Xiamen/Hongkeng Village
Transfer to Yongding County. Overnight in a Hakka tulou, a large, multi-storey fortified roundhouse built for communal living. Transport: Local bus (4.00 hour(s))
Day 6 Hongkeng Village
Enjoy an orientation tour around the village, then experience day-to-day life in this unique province full of history and traditional Chinese culture. Included Activities: Hongkeng Village Walk
Day 7 Hongkeng Village/Xiamen
Leave the beautiful Hongkeng Village behind and head back to Xiamen. Transport: Local bus (4.00 hour(s)) Metro (0.50-1.00 hours)
Day 8 Xiamen/Hong Kong
Hop on the bullet train and get ready to cross the border into Hong Kong. Included Activities: Border Crossing (China - Hong Kong) Transport: Metro (0.50-1.00 hours) Bullet train Metro (1.00-1.50 hours)
Day 9 Hong Kong
Depart at any time. Included Activities: Departure Day (Activities)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.