Highlights of Chile & Argentina
from $ 12,870* per person
Looking to discover the best of Chile AND Argentina in one unforgettable experience? These 10 days travelling through gorgeous landscapes and cities are your solution. Visit coastal Valparaíso, get active in the adventure-sport mecca of Pucón, and journey to a genuine gaucho ranch outside of quaint, lakeside Bariloche, before finishing up in the iconic "don't cry for me" cosmopolis of Buenos Aires. Get yourself to this southern part of the world and go home recharged.
Travel Dates: From 29/07/2016 to 17/12/2020
Duration: 10 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Santiago Region Winery Tour, Santiago Your Discover Moment: Pucón
- City tour of Santiago
- Driving through the Seven Lakes district
- Estancia visit and barbecue lunch (full-day)
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
8 breakfasts, 1 lunch
Hotels (8 nts), overnight bus (1 nt)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 12
Plane, public bus, van
Day 1 Santiago
Arrival day, no activities planned. The day is free to spend at your leisure exploring the city until our welcome meeting this evening. Santiago is Chile’s largest city and capital, with internationally recognized vineyards and Andean ski resorts very close by. Additional Notes: Should you want more time to explore Santiago and do optional day trips, we highly recommend you book additional pre-nights. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Santiago (1B)
Enjoy an included city tour of Santiago and in the afternoon take some time to go shopping, sit in a cafe or hike to the lookout of Cerro Santa Lucia. Included Activities: Santiago City Tour
Day 3 Santiago/Valparaiso (1B)
In the morning head to the Casablanca Valley, stopping at a winery to indulge in a wine tasting. Then depart for the colourful seaside town of Valparaiso. Enjoy the street art and snap a few pictures of the bright buildings that line the hills. Wander the streets of the city, before heading back to Santiago. In the evening, board an overnight bus to Pucon. Included Activities: Santiago Region Winery Tour Day trip to Valparaiso Transport: Local bus (2.50 hour(s), 128km) Overnight bus (8.00 hour(s))
Days 4-5 Pucón
Enjoy free time in Pucon, try whitewater rafting or explore the area by foot.
Day 5 Pucón (1B)
Enjoy another free day to take part in the many activities on offer in Pucón. Opt to hike Villarica volcano (it's active!) or soak in the nearby natural thermal pools.
Day 6 Pucón/San Carlos de Bariloche (1B)
Cross the Andes to Argentina. Travel by local bus to San Martin and transfer the rest of the way to Bariloche stopping for photos in the Seven Lake district. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Chile - Argentina) Transport: Local bus (6.00 hour(s)) Transfer to Bariloche, enjoy the scenery and a couple of photo ops in the Seven Lakes District. Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
Day 7 San Carlos de Bariloche (1B, 1L)
Transfer to a Gaucho Ranch just outside of Bariloche. Enjoy a barbecue for lunch and take to the saddle with a Gaucho by your side. Included Activities: Bariloche Gaucho Experience
Day 8 San Carlos de Bariloche (1B)
Enjoy the beautiful area of the Seven Lakes district. Take a hike in the countryside or wander the town, known for its shops and in particular, artisan chocolate.
Day 9 San Carlos de Bariloche/Buenos Aires (1B)
Fly north to the buzzing metropolis that is Buenos Aires, it is a vibrant city full of life. Transport: Plane (1.50 hour(s), 1640km)
Day 10 Buenos Aires (1B)
Book extra accommodation in Buenos Aires to have more time to explore the city.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.