Russia by Train
This week in Russia swings you from the elegant city of St Petersburg to the intriguing capital of Moscow, with plenty of cultural experiences to sink your teeth into, including locally guided historical tours, ballet, canal cruises, and cooking classes. The best bit? Your mode of transport from St Petersburg to Moscow is a comfy overnight train, so you won't waste a single second of precious travel time.
Travel Dates: From 11/12/2021 to 01/01/2022
Duration: 7 days
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life
- Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past
- This is your team
- Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do
Arrive St. Petersburg
Our first stop on the Russian map is the elegant and very cosmopolitan city of St. Petersburg. Meet up with your Contiki Squad, before the chance to dive in head first to sightseeing and figuring out what this gilded city has to offer. Built by the Italians, this city is a unique blend of Europe and Russia, unfathomably grand & adorned by pretty canals - which you can opt to explore tonight for the best view of the city's palaces, lit up in the night's sky.
Today we'll take a locally guided city tour to see the Hermitage and more. There is a feast of cultural options to sink our teeth into today, including a Russian ballet, an authentic cooking class and a tour of the Peter & Paul fortress. The options are all very appealing and the choices are all yours.
St. Petersburg to Overnight Train
For our final day in St Petersburg we have more cultural FTAs to decide between, including learning how to paint Matryoshka (Russian Dolls) and indulging in a traditional Russian feast including local music and dancers.Then, we'll head aboard our accommodation for the night: a comfy overnight train that will swing us to our next spectacular destination without wasting any precious travel time...
Overnight Train to Moscow
Open your eyes! See the famous spires? That's right, we're in Moscow! Diving right in is the way to do it, so we'll start off with a locally guided city tour of all the sights, including one of the country's most colourful and quirky buildings St Basil's Cathedral. After learning more about the city's rich history, we'll have some free time to do our own thing, before regrouping with a delicious included dinner.
We've got a full day in Moscow to enjoy, with plenty of optional add-ons to build the day we want. But first, an included guided tour of the kremlin is a no brainer, as we learn about the colourful history of this opulent building. Then, the choice is yours, history buffs should head to Bunker 42 or take a tour of the Kremlin Armoury where you can view the Romanov's collection of Faberge Eggs, carriages, clothes and jewels. Culture vultures should explore the local restaurants and cafes, then tonight we'll regroup to check out some of Moscow's nightlife.
After the London Underground, Moscow Metro is probably one of the best known, especially for it's amazing architecture. Get up close with our local guide, uncovering the fascinating communist artworks that make it what it is today. The city keeps on giving today with some free time to roam, before an optional Russian Evening feast, eating with local Russian families in their homes.
Our trip finishes after breakfast today but Russia will live on in our memories for years to come. Swap contact details and start planning your next adventure!
Locally guided tour of Hermitage, the 2nd largest art museum in the world
Guided city tour to see the Red Square, the Kremlin & see Lenin's Masoleum and St. Basil's Cathedral
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.