Rio de Janeiro Stopover
from $ 2,691* per person
See the best of Rio de Janeiro with this Stopover tour. Get under the skin of this bustling metropolis, laze away on the stunning beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema, stand in the shadow of the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer, ascend Sugarloaf mountain and enjoy a local barbecue before checking out Rio’s other great icon – the famed nightlife.
Destination: Rio Grande do Norte
Travel Dates: From 20/01/2019 to 02/01/2021
Duration: 3 days
Departing From: Rio
- Stand in the shadow of Christ the Redeemer
Frolic on the beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema
Enjoy Rio's exciting nightlife
Gaze out of the city from Sugarloaf Mountain
Breakfasts Included: 2
Hotel (2 nights)
Age: min 5
Group Size: 1 - 12
Rio de Janeiro - Guided tour including Santa Teresa, Selaron Steps, Christ the Redeemer statue and Rio downtown
Day 1: Rio De Janeiro
Bem-Vindos! Welcome to Brazil. There is nothing planned for the first day so relax and enjoy. The locals like to say that 'God made the world in six days, the seventh he devoted to Rio'. In this heaving metropolis, set against the luminescent green of Guanabara Bay and surrounded by the slopes of Sugarloaf and Corcovado, it's hard not to be caught up in the passion of the city's residents (known as Cariocas). The French were the first to settle here as they logged wood along the Brazilian coast, but they were soon driven out by the Portuguese, who built a fortified town named Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro and quickly amassed wealth during the gold rush of Minas Gerais. In the 19th century, the Portuguese monarchy fled from the threat of Napoleon in Europe and took up residence in Rio, where they built grand buildings that still stand today. These days Rio is a fascinating and diverse city best known for its contrasting images of favelas (shanty towns) and the glitz and glamour of Carnaval.
Day 2: Rio De Janeiro
Pick up is 9am today. Embark on a full-day guided tour of the city, including some of Rio's most iconic sights. Head up to Corcovado for a bird's-eye view of the city from the base of Christ the Reedemer. One of the new Seven Wonders of the World, this enormous white statue stands over Rio, offering sweeping 360-degree views of the city’s natural wonders. Continue to Santa Teresa, a beautiful artistic neighbourhood situated on a hill overlooking the city. Wander its cobbled streets to discover eclectic architecture, art galleries and restaurants before stopping by the colourful Selaron Steps. Accompanied by our local guide, wander the narrow alleys, learn about local life and meet some of the people who make up this vibrant community.
Day 3: Rio De Janeiro
There are no activities planned for the final day, departure flights can be at any time.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 January 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.