Highlands of Ecuador
from $ 5,491* per person
If you’re short on time it doesn’t mean your cultural experience in Ecuador shouldn’t be colossal. This eight-day tour mixes exciting stuff like cities listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, lively markets, and natural wonders like Cotopaxi volcano, so you get to soak in impressive cityscapes as well as sweeping vistas like a well-travelled, insightful sponge.
Travel Dates: From 13/04/2018 to 25/12/2020
Duration: 8 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Otavalo Handicrafts Market visit
- Cotopaxi volcano stay
- Cotopaxi National Park visit
- Devil's Nose train excursion
- Orientation walk of Cuenca
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Hotels (5 nts), rustic mountain lodge (2 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 12
Local bus, plane, private vehicle
Day 1 Quito
There are no activities planned until the evening. Please check at the hotel reception for a welcome note from your CEO advising on the time and location of the welcome meeting. Additional Notes: Opt to pre-book the "Quito City Tour & Equator Line" activity on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Quito/Otavalo (1B)
Explore the largest handicraft market in South America, Otavalo market. Villagers from the surrounding countryside come every week to sell handmade goods as well as livestock, fruits, and vegetables. Included Activities: Otavalo Handicrafts Market Visit Transport: Local bus (2.00 hour(s))
Day 3 Otavalo/Cotopaxi (1B)
Travel by bus to Cotopaxi National Park. In the afternoon, opt to explore the area or mountain bike with views of Cotopaxi Volcano. Spend the night in a mountain lodge near the national park. Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
Day 4 Cotopaxi/Alausí (1B)
In the morning, visit Cotopaxi National Park before continuing on to Alausi. Included Activities: Cotopaxi National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (4.50 hour(s))
Day 5 Alausí/Cuenca (1B)
Board a train for an included excursion bound for the Devil's Nose, enjoy the ride on the switchbacks carved into the mountainside. After, head to Cuenca and marvel at its colonial architecture. Included Activities: Devil's Nose Excursion Transport: Local bus (3.00 hour(s))
Day 6 Cuenca (1B)
Explore the city’s sights, including cobblestoned streets, red-tiled roofs, art galleries, flower markets, shaded plazas, and museums.
Day 7 Cuenca/Quito (1B)
Fly back to Quito and enjoy the night in this historical city. Transport: Plane (1.00 hour(s))
Day 8 Quito (1B)
We recommend booking pre or post nights in Quito for additional time to explore. The optional activities may require additional time, speak to your CEO for assistance booking these activities on trip.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.