from $ 4,680* per person
Strange how a country that’s literally at the centre of the Earth can be overlooked, isn’t it? Stranger still considering how amazing Ecuador is. This eight-day trip shows off its best, rolling natural wonders (the Amazon!), stunning landscapes (the Ecuadorian highlands!), rich culture (Quito!), and active pursuits like hiking, horseback riding, and mountain-biking everywhere you look. Good on its own, this trip also makes an ideal add-on to any Galápagos trip. Trust us. It’s worth the time.
Travel Dates: From 11/01/2015 to 26/12/2020
Duration: 8 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your G for Good Moment: Shandia Biking & Community Experience, Shandia Your Discover Moment: Baños Your Local Living Moment: Amazon Jungle Experience, Tena Your Wellness Moment: Papallacta Hot Springs Visit, Papallacta
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
Hotels (5 nts), simple village cabañas/homestay (2 nts, multi-share)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 12
Private vehicle, public bus, walking
Day 1 Quito
There are no activities planned until the evening. Please check at the hotel reception for a welcome note from your CEO advising on the time and location of the welcome meeting. Additional Notes: Opt to pre-book the "Quito City Tour & Equator Line" activity on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Quito/Baños (1B)
Travel to Baños and be spoiled for choice with optional outdoor activities like hiking, ziplining, and canyoning. Or, take it easy and relax in local hot springs. Additional Notes: Opt to pre-book the "Baños Canyoning Adventure" or "Baños Ziplining Adventure Bundle" activity on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Transport: Local bus (4.00 hour(s))
Day 3 Baños
Enjoy another free day to take full advantage of all the activities in this adventurous town.
Day 4 Baños/Tena (1L, 1D)
Descend into the Amazon Jungle region. Notice the scenery change dramatically heading from the mountains into the lush, tropical Amazon rainforest. Stay with a Quichua family and enjoy the hospitality of these wonderful people, and experience life in the jungle firsthand. Included Activities: Amazon Jungle Experience Transport: Local bus (3.50 hour(s)) Private Vehicle (0.75 hour(s))
Day 5 Tena (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy a full day in the Amazon learning about local life in the jungle. Spend the night in rustic jungle huts in a Quichua community. Included Activities: Amazon Jungle Experience
Day 6 Tena/Papallacta (1B)
Cycle to the nearby community of Shandia and discover the beauty of the Amazon with a member of the community as your guide. Later, take a local bus to Papallacta and relax in the natural mineral hot pools with volcanic views. Included Activities: Shandia Biking & Community Experience Transport: Local bus
Day 7 Papallacta/Quito (1B)
Enjoy a relaxing morning at the hot springs before travelling back to Quito for free time to explore. Included Activities: Papallacta Hot Springs Visit Transport: Local bus (1.50 hour(s))
Day 8 Quito (1B)
Depart at any time. Additional Notes: We recommend booking pre or post nights in Quito for additional time to explore. The optional activities may require additional time, speak to your CEO for assistance booking these activities on trip.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.