from $ 8,572* per person
Speed is the watchword for this high-adrenaline active tour around Ecuador. Across nine action-packed days, you’ll bike or horseback ride near Cotopaxi (an Andean stratovolcano), raft down rushing rivers, trek the lush foothills of Baños, and much, much more. Best of all, you’ll always travel with an experienced and passionate Chief Experience Officer (CEO) who knows the quickest and most scenic routes to wherever you’re headed. Remember, you’re here for a great time, not a long time; slather on that sunscreen, strap on your helmet, and hit the ground running!
Travel Dates: From 24/01/2015 to 19/12/2020
Duration: 9 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Whitewater rafting excursion on the Jatunyaku River in the Amazon Jungle (full-day)
- Trekking in Llanganates National Park
- Mountain bike excursion
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner
Hotels (7 nts), camping (1 nt)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, Avg 10
Public bus, private vehicle, hiking, biking, rafting
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time. Additional Notes: Visitors arriving in Quito will likely feel the effects of the altitude. Symptoms include shortness of breath, headaches, general lethargy, and a reduced appetite. This is no cause for alarm; it is simply your body’s way of coping with the altitude. It may take a little time to acclimatize, but before long you probably will not even notice it. Take it easy for the first day or two, and reduce alcohol and cigarette consumption to minimize the effects. Be sure to drink plenty of water and do not attempt too much in any given day. Opt to pre-book the "Quito City Tour & Equator Line" activity on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Quito/Tena (1B)
Travel by bus into the Amazon Basin and enjoy the incredible scenery en route to the jungle town of Tena. Watch as it changes from towering mountains to lush jungle, passing by waterfalls and deep river valleys. Transport: Local bus (6.00 hour(s), 189km)
Day 3 Tena (1L)
Navigate the wild Jatunyaku River in the surrounding lush cloud forest. The cool water and air make this an excellent change from the tropical Amazon climate. Return to Tena for the night. Included Activities: Jatunyacu River Whitewater Rafting Excursion
Day 4 Tena/Baños
The town is the perfect setting for outdoor pursuits, including horseback riding, canyoneering, hiking and rafting on the Patate River. Additional Notes: Opt to pre-book the "Baños Canyoning Adventure" or "Baños Ziplining Adventure Bundle" activity on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Transport: Local bus (3.00-4.00 hours)
Day 5 Baños/Llanganates National Park (1L, 1D)
Included Activities: Llanganates National Park Trek Day 1 Transport: Private Vehicle
Day 6 Llanganates National Park/Baños (1B)
Continue trekking and return by foot to the entrance of Llanganates National Park to take a transfer back to Baños. Enjoy a delicious lunch waiting for you upon your return. Opt to visit local hot springs to relax and rest aching muscles. Included Activities: Llanganates National Park Trek Day 2 Transport: Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s))
Day 7 Baños/Cotopaxi
Enjoy a free morning in Baños to explore the area on foot or take on one of the many optional activities that the region has to offer. After lunch, travel by public bus through spectacular Andean scenery arriving at a hacienda, near the base of Cotopaxi Volcano. Enjoy a choice between a biking excursion through Polilepys forest or horseback riding with views of the volcano. Included Activities: Biking Excursion or Horseback Riding Transport: Local bus (2.50 hour(s))
Day 8 Cotopaxi/Quito (1B, 1L)
First thing in the morning, travel by private van into the national park to start the trek up to the refuge. Take in changing park scenery, and keep an eye out for wildlife along the way. Visit Limpiopungo lake for a boxed lunch. Enjoy lunch and catch your breath before transferring back to the capital city for a final night out on the town. Included Activities: Cotopaxi National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s)) Private Vehicle (3.00-3.50 hours)
Day 9 Quito (1B)
Depart at any time. Additional Notes: We recommend booking pre or post nights in Quito for additional time to explore. The optional activities may require additional time, speak to your CEO for assistance booking these activities on trip. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.