Lake Titicaca Homestay Independent Adventure
from $ 1,864* per person
Get ready to see what local life is like outside of Peru's well-known cities. Relax on the pristine waters of Lake Titicaca and immerse yourself in rural indigenous culture. Explore the village, get to know your hosts, and peek through a window into a culture that is unique and fascinating.
Destination: Puno Region
Travel Dates: From 01/01/2015 to 01/03/2021
Duration: 4 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Local Living Moment: Lake Titicaca Homestay, Lake Titicaca
- Floating islands of Uros visit
- Lake Titicaca guided tour
- Taquile Islands visit
- Puno stay
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Hotels (2 nts), homestay (1 nt)
Group Size Notes
Private van, boat
Day 1 Puno
Meet up with a G Adventures representative to go over trip details. Additional Notes: Please note that hot water shortages and power outages can be fairly common in Peru (even in upgraded hotels and private homes). We appreciate your patience and understanding that these occurrences are outside of our control. On this tour, you may meet up with other G Adventures travellers in the area for the Lake Titicaca excursion. Included Activities: Meet and Greet Hotel Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Puno/Lake Titicaca (1B, 1L, 1D)
Head out by boat across Lake Titicaca. Visit the community on the Taquile Islands and enjoy a local lunch with spectacular views. Afterwards, cruise to the another village (this can vary based on community availability) for an overnight homestay on the shores of the lake. This experience provides an opportunity to learn more about rural life in the Peruvian highlands and to participate in local traditions. Eat with the family, learn some Quechua and Spanish language skills, try on traditional costumes, and help out with daily chores around the village. Included Activities: Lake Titicaca Guided Boat Tour Day 1 Lake Titicaca Homestay
Day 3 Lake Titicaca/Puno
Leave your homestay family in the late morning and visit the Uros Islands on the way back to Puno. A popular optional activity in Puno is a visit to the spectacular chullpas (funerary towers) of Sillustani, a pre-Inca archaeological site only a short drive away. Included Activities: Lake Titicaca Guided Boat Tour Day 2 Uros Floating Islands Visit
Day 4 Puno
Depart at any time.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.