Headwater - the Algarve From West to East, Self-Guided Walk
from $ 14,422* per person
Starting the first half of your week in the coastal town of Sagres and finishing in the city of churches, Tavira, highlights include visits to some of the Algarve's most varied and interesting beaches (including Odeceixe, which is the one of the most photographed and most popular beaches in the Algarve), exploring the maritime history of Portugal and Europe in Lagos and Sagres, and walking along the banks of the Guadiana River.
Travel Dates: From 12-Oct-2019 to 30-May-2020
Duration: 8 days
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 5068354
- Discover the breadth and beauty of the Algarve on this twin centre walking trip
Included: * All accommodation * All breakfasts and 1 evening meal * Route notes and maps * A good chioice of walks on each day * Car hire
Food: All breakfasts and 1 evening meal
- The local speciality from the sea is the Barnacle Perceve, this is not taken from the bottom of boats but the bottom of submerged local cliffs, it is harvested by hand using a dangerous and traditional method, which involves one of the two collectors dangling by a rope from the top of the cliffs! They are a bit of a delicacy not too dissimilar to mussels
- Away from the sea the dried hams, salamis and chouriço are as good as anything that Spain or Italy can produce
- The strange sounding bread sausage Alheira is very good, invented by the Portuguese Jews during the Inquisition to avoid persecution, bread and non-pork products are used
- Good quality meat is also on the menu, beef and pork are of a high quality and lamb in season is superb
- Vegetables are plentiful and with big harvests of almonds and oranges, fruits are in good supply alongside another local vegetable, the sweet potato
- The Algarve’s other surprise is the quality of cheese; from mild to strong using cow, goat or sheep milk there is a great range of cheeses for all tastes, Queijo de Cabra do Algarve, is a particular favourite
ARRIVE IN FARO
BORDEIRA AND THE BEACH
ALJEZUR AND THE AMOREIRA CLIFF-TOP LOOP
ODECEIXE AND THE FISHERMEN'S COASTAL TRAIL
A WALK ALONG THE GUADIANA
DON QUIXOTE TRAIL
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.