Loire Valley Cycling
from $ 11,692* per person
Each summer, the Tour de France races across the country, giving a select group of very talented cyclists a chance to see the country from a blurry perspective. On this cycling tour of the Loire Valley, knowing the difference between a front derailleur and a rear dropout isn't necessary. Hop on a bike and experience ornate châteaux, rustic markets, vineyards, and rural Gallic charm. Think of this as the perfect combination of slow food, fine wines, and remote country tracks — ideal for seeing the inspiring scenery.
Travel Dates: From 19/05/2019 to 04/10/2020
Duration: 8 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Local Market Visit and Picnic Lunch, Chenonceaux Your Foodie Moment: Vineyard Visit and Tasting
- Paris orientation walk
- Cycling through the Loire Valley (5 days)
- Chateau de Blois visit
- Entry to Château de Chenonceau
- Market stop for local ingredients and picnic lunch (Tours)
- Chateau d'Ussé visit
- All cycling equipment including bicycle
- Luggage transfer between locations
- Transport between destinations and to/from included activities
7 breakfasts, 1 lunch
Hotels (7 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 12, Avg 10
Day 1 Paris
There are no planned activities until tonight's welcome meeting (please note that check-in at the hotel is usually around 2-3pm). After the meeting, you may choose to join your CEO and travel companions for an optional dinner in a local restaurant. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Paris/Blois (1B)
Join your CEO for an orientation walk of Paris followed by some free time before transferring to Blois, in the heart of the Loire Valley. Included Activities: Paris Orientation Walk Transport: Local train (1.75 hour(s), 185km)
Day 3 Blois/Chenonceaux (1B)
First day on your bike today. Cycle onward towards the village of Chenonceau. Additional Notes: Please note while you are cycling you will only be responsible for your day pack. Luggage will be transferred to the hotel. Included Activities: Chateau de Blois Visit Transport: Bicycle (24km) Bicycle (26km)
Day 4 Chenonceaux/Tours (1B, 1L)
Cycle through villages and countryside to the town of Tours, via the city of Amboise. Along the way stop at a variety of markets, and pick up some succulent local fare. Find a suitable stopping point, relax with a great picnic and enjoy a lazy afternoon by the river. Included Activities: Chateau de Chenonceau Visit Local Market Visit and Picnic Lunch Transport: Bicycle (47km)
Day 5 Tours/Chinon (1B)
Following the river along through the green fields and flower strewn meadows of the Loire to the medieval citadel of Chinon. The terrain here is known as 'bocage', which refers to rolling hills filled with forests and pastures. Included Activities: Château d'Ussé Vineyard Visit and Tasting Transport: Bicycle (60km)
Day 6 Chinon/Saumur (1B)
Wander around historic Chinon in the morning before taking off once more on our bikes. After leaving Chinon, the terrain changes and a steep white limestone cliff rises above us, known as 'Tuffeau'. Cycle in the shadow of this cliff along the river, admire the houses built into the cliff face as you pass. Transport: Bicycle (36km)
Day 7 Saumur/Angers (1B)
After a week of leisurely cycling across the Loire, today is the last opportunity for you to stretch your legs and enjoy the great scenery along the route. The bulk of the route here is on specific cycle paths, but we do spend some time cycling on the main roads as well. It's fairly flat cycling through mostly countryside along the way. Angers is the final stop, so tonight is a great opportunity for one final taste of the great French cuisine and wine that the Loire is famous for. Transport: Bicycle (60km)
Day 8 Angers (1B)
Depart at any time. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.