A Week in Oman
from $ 16,996* per person
Oman, the most beautiful of the Gulf States boasts a rich culture and ancient heritage waiting to be discovered during this one week cultural adventure. Starting off in the capital of Muscat, here we gaze in awe at the Grand Mosque, wander through the colourful Mutrah Souq and see the Omani capital and coastline through seafarers eyes on a traditional dhow cruise. No visit to Oman is complete without exploring their magnificent landscapes on offer; camp and 4WD in the dunes of the Wahiba Sands; marvel at stunning views over the 'Grand Canyon of Arabia' from Jebel Shams, Oman's highest mountain; wade in the cooling, turquoise waters of some of the land's most idyllic desert oasis' and uncover the historic forts before witnessing the weekly live auction cattle market in Nizwa, an event not to be missed!
Travel Dates: From 17-Nov-2019 to 27-Mar-2021
Duration: 7 days
- Visit the highlights of Oman
Included: * All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 5 dinners included * All accommodation * All transport and listed activities * Tour leader throughout * Arrival & departure transfers for group flights
Food: All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 5 dinners are included
- Omani cuisine is influenced by Arab, Persian, Indian, Asian, Eastern Mediterranean, and African cuisine
- Rice is a staple dish and often includes a variety of flavours and ingredients and meat such as chicken, fish and lamb feature prominently
- Dishes are full of rich mixtures of spices, herbs and marinades
- Dates are much loved and are an essential part of the Omani diet
- Curry, soups, fresh salads, and vegetable dishes are all very common
- Coffee is the national beverage but tea is also drunk
- Yoghurt drinks and softs drinks are also popular
- Alcohol is not readily available but can be purchased in some hotels and likely to be quite expensive
- During the tour, you will have the opportunity to taste and experience a variety of dishes and eat in local eateries and restaurants
- Included lunches will be picnic lunches and other meals will be eaten in local cafes/eateries
- The night spent at the desert camp will also include a BBQ with traditional dishes
- Non-Muslims are permitted to bring in two litres of alcohol by air only
- Care must be taken not to cause offence through the use of alcohol and should not be consumed in public places apart from licensed premises, such as hotels & restaurants
- Please advise at time of booking if you have any dietary requirements
Start Muscat; afternoon Dhow cruise and visit Mutrah Souq
Visit Muscat's Grand Mosque; onto Sur via beautiful Wadi Shab. Evening visit to Turtle reserve
Drive to Wadi Bani Khalid, swim in the turquoise pools and enjoy a picnic lunch. Continue to Wahiba Sands and explore the spectacular dunes. Overnight in desert camp
Morning visit to a Bedouin family and enjoy Omani coffee; visit Birkat al Mouz and walk through its oasis and date plantations; onto Nizwa
Transfer to Jabrin, one of Oman's finest castles; stop at historic Bahla Fort; enjoy a walk and picnic lunch in Wadi Nakher. Visit Jebel Shams for amazing views
See Nizwa's famous cattle auction market, fort and Souq; continue to Nakhal fort and hot spring; back to Muscat for final evening
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.