New York to Orlando Road Trip
from $ 19,882* per person
From beach to barbecue and blues, this 14-day road trip through the east coast of the United States ticks all the boxes. Experience Detroit's cultural resurgence by visiting a community art project, dig into delicious farm-to-table eats in Louisville, and follow the footsteps of music legends like Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash in Memphis. Leave with full stomachs and fuller playlists.
Destination: New York City
Travel Dates: From 16/05/2020 to 11/09/2021
Duration: 14 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Chicago Deep Dish Pizza Dinner, Chicago Your Discover Moment: Chicago Your Discover Moment: Nashville Your Foodie Moment: Central BBQ Lunch, Memphis Your Discover Moment: Memphis Your Discover Moment: New Orleans
- Maid of the Mist Tour
- The Heidelberg Project Visit
- Chicago Walking Tour
- Nashville Night Out
- Memphis Night Out
- New Orleans Night Out
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
13 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 4 dinners
Hotels/hostels (7 nts, some multi-share), participation camping (6 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 22, avg 16
Air-conditioned private vehicle, walking
Day 1 New York City
Arrive at any time. Additional Notes: Please note this trip leaves the city first thing the following morning. There is so much to see and do in the city that never sleeps. If you wish to spend time in New York City, speak to your sales agent about booking pre-accommodation. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 New York City/Niagara Falls (1B, 1D)
Depart early to beat the traffic out of the city. Drive across the state, and watch as the city turns to the rolling hills of Upstate New York. Arrive in Niagara and feel the rushing waters of the falls splashing you on the famous Maid of the Mist boat tour. Return after darkness settles over the Niagara region and witness the Falls illuminated in a rainbow of colour! Additional Notes: Opening day for Maid of the Mist is usually the end of April or beginning of May, but is dependent on ice conditions and varies year by year. Included Activities: Maid of the Mist Tour Transport: Private Vehicle (6.50 hour(s), 660km)
Day 3 Niagara Falls/Detroit (1B, 1L)
Drive along Lake Erie, through the city of Cleveland before continuing on to Detroit. Detroit is having a resurgence and is quickly transforming with new markets, distilleries, art galleries, and restaurants popping up. Stop at The Heidelberg Project to see some of this community development in action. Enjoy a free evening to explore this up-and-coming destination. Included Activities: The Heidelberg Project Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00-7.00 hours, 600km)
Day 4 Detroit/Chicago (1B, 1L, 1D)
Continue west to Chicago. Enjoy a walking tour of some of the best highlights of the city, ending at one of the best pizza joints in town. No trip to Chicago is complete without their signature deep dish pizza. Dive into this specialty with an included group dinner. There's tons to do in the Windy City – walk along the river to Millennium Park, enjoy dazzling music, and stroll the boardwalk of the Navy Pier. Opt to ride to the top of the Willis Tower, or hit the town for a night out with the group. Included Activities: Chicago Walking Tour Chicago Deep Dish Pizza Dinner Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00-5.00 hours, 450km)
Day 5 Chicago (1B)
Enjoy a free day to explore Chicago.
Day 6 Chicago/Louisville (1B, 1L)
Follow the Kentucky Bourbon Trail to Louisville. Home of the Kentucky Derby, this city is a foodie haven filled with lively bars and farm-to-table restaurants. Enjoy a free afternoon to explore, and don't forget to indulge in some BBQ and bourbon. Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00-6.00 hours, 475km)
Day 7 Louisville/Nashville (1B)
Travel to the country music capital of the world. Stroll the streets of Nashville and check out what the city's known for: live music, line dancing, and cowboy nightlife. Keep your eyes peeled for some of country music's biggest stars. Additional Notes: Entry into bars in the US is 21 years and over. There is still a lively atmosphere in town and great music to be heard, as well as a couple of locations that allow 18 and over. Speak with your CEO for more information. Included Activities: Nashville Night Out Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours, 280km)
Day 8 Nashville (1B)
Enjoy a free day in Nashville. Opt to visit the Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame, Johnny Cash Museum, or take in live music along the "Honky Tonk Highway".
Day 9 Nashville/Memphis (1B, 1L)
Travel south through Tennessee to explore the vibrant cultural and musical melting pot of Memphis. Take an optional tour of Graceland, opt to relive history at the National Civil Rights Museum, or tour the Rock 'n' Soul Museum. Head to Beale Street at night for great food and live music. Music legends, including Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and B.B. King, made their marks on Memphis. Additional Notes: Entry into bars in the US is 21 years and over. There is still a live music to be heard on Beale Street at a couple of locations that allow 18 and over. Speak with your CEO for more information. Included Activities: Central BBQ Lunch Memphis Night Out Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s), 380km)
Day 10 Memphis (1B, 1D)
Enjoy a free day in Memphis: Home of Blues, Soul & Rock 'N' Roll. Opt to check out Sun Studios, Rock 'n' Soul Museum, and the National Civil Rights Museum, located where Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated. Opt to walk in the footsteps of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll at Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland. See how the legend lived and discover videos, pictures, stage costumes, and much more.
Day 11 Memphis/New Orleans (1B, 1L)
Drive through the bayous, crank up the jazz and head into the Big Easy. Home of Mardi Gras, explore the French Quarter, and join the revellers on Bourbon Street till the early hours. Included Activities: New Orleans Night Out Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00-7.00 hours)
Day 12 New Orleans (1B)
Enjoy a free day to explore New Orleans. Opt to take part in a creole cooking demonstration, take a biking tour around the city, eat beignets at Café du Monde, or wander the streets soaking up the music and culture around town.
Day 13 New Orleans/Panama City Beach (1B, 1L, 1D)
Cross the state line into Florida and travel to Panama City Beach. This coastal town is surrounded by 27 miles of white sand beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy an afternoon on the beach and opt to hit the town this evening. Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00-6.00 hours, 500km)
Day 14 Panama City Beach/Orlando (1B, 1L)
Tour ends on arrival in Orlando. Additional Notes: We recommend spending extra time here if you'd like to check out all of Orlando's parks and sights; speak to your sales agent to book extra accommodation. Included Activities: Departure Day Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00-7.00 hours, 600km)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.