Myanmar Golden Rock Short Break
from $ 3,104* per person
Discover a country of mythical landscapes. From golden-gilded Buddha’s in Yangon to the gravity defying Kyaiktiyo Golden Rock, Burma will excite, impress and intrigue. Experience the South-East Asia of forty years ago - full of rarely seen sights and generations of stories just waiting to be told.
Travel Dates: From 19/08/2019 to 01/01/2021
Duration: 2 days
Departing From: Yangon
- See several of Myanmar's most iconic sites in a short space of time
Riding through the mountains of Mon State in an open-air truck is an experience you won't soon forget
- Travel alongside pilgrims, monks and fellow travellers all heading to Kyaiktiyo
Balanced on the edge of cliff, covered in golden leaf and topped with a small stupa, Kyaiktiyo Pagoda (Golden Rock) embodies the beauty and spirituality of Myanmar
Visit the former southern capital of Myanmar, Bago - a hub of temples, former royal palaces and religious sculptures
Breakfasts Included: 1
Hotel (1 nt)
Age: min 5
Group Size: 1 - 6
Mt Kyaiktiyo - Golden Rock & Pagoda
Bago - Tour of Palace, Kalayani Sima, Shwemawdaw & Shwethalyaung Pagodas
Day 1: Yangon - Golden Rock (Kyaiktiyo)
Your Short Break Adventure starts at 8.00am on Day 1 You will be picked up on Day 1 from the Grand Laurel Hotel. Please meet your local representative in the hotel foyer between 8.00 - 8.30 am. Alternative pick up can also be arranged from the Summit Parkview Hotel, as outlined in the joining instructions below, between 7.30 – 8.00. You can leave your main luggage at the hotel as we will return here after the tour, so we recommend you only take a small bag with a change of clothes and essential travel items. Visitors can expect to be dazzled by shimmering cities of gilded temples, enlivened by emerald green landscapes and humbled by the warm smiles of gracious villagers. Sacred sites, ancient towns and monasteries await. One of Myanmar’s major landmarks, famous for its precarious position and religious importance, Kyaiktiyo the “Golden Rock” is a huge boulder completely covered by gold leaf and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff. We arrive at the base camp of Kinpun and continue up to the Golden Rock by open truck, about an hour’s mountain drive. A further light trek to the summit we will have time to have enjoy the sunset from the top of the hill. Descending back down, we spend the night at our hotel in Kyaiktiyo.
Day 2: Bago - Yangon
After breakfast this morning, we walk for 30mins to reach Kyee Kan Pa Sat (Crow's mouth Cave); an important place of worship for the local people. On the way we will pass by some local handicrafts selling local produce. Midmorning we will return Yangon via Bago through rice fields and small towns. When we arrive in Bago we will visit the local market, Kanbawza Thardi Palace built by King Bayinnaung, the Kalayani Sima (Ordination Hall), Shwemawdaw Pagoda, and Shwethalyaung Pagoda - home to what many say is the world’s most beautiful reclining Buddha. We then return to Yangon. You will be dropped off at the Grand Laurel Hotel, and no accommodation is included for tonight. You are able to add extra accommodation at time of booking, please contact Intrepid or your travel agent for more information. Your tour finishes in Yangon at 5pm. If you are leaving Myanmar today then please keep this in mind when booking outbound flights.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.