Oktoberfest - 4 Days Camping (Start/End Munich)
If you're looking for an excuse to wear knee-high socks and suspenders, Germany's Oktoberfest will give you so much more than you imagine. Parties, pork, playgrounds of amusement rides - this is a festival like no other. With little time spent back at your digs, you might as well camp! And leave your schedule flexible by meeting us in Munich.
Travel Dates: From 27/09/2019 to 05/10/2019
Duration: 4 days
You and your new besties will be snuggling up in roomy twin-share tents on air mattresses for 3 wild nights
Wake up each day to hearty breakfast, which will line your stomach before a big day tasting your way around the festival
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life
- An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps
- Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past
- This is your team
- Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do
Let's start our day with ateam scream at the Bavarian capital of Munich this morning. Get comfortable in our new digs, and use the remainder of this day to catch up on rest or start joining the festivities, depending on your level of determination to make every minute count. But first, an orientation of the city, and your chance to pick up a dirndl or lederhosen for those keen to dress like the locals. Here are some facts to get you in the know: There are 14 main tents, the biggest holding 11,000 party people, so get your checklist as you make your way through as many as you can. It's been said that each year over 7.5 million litres of beer are guzzled, 500,000 roast chickens are eaten, and approximately 50,000 pork knuckles are consumed. So help those statistics and get eating!
This is your chance to experience first hand the famous antics of a 200 year old beer fest. Over the next few days hop between festival tents and amusement rides & sample the many beers that make this such a loved affair. Take advantage of the additional activities up for grabs to mix things up and ensure you see the full picture of the city. You can get a fix on the ins and outs of the city with an optional bike tour of the city to get all new views (and take a break from the beer tents). They say that the more you learn about the past, the better prepared you are for the future, and with this in mind we include a trip to Dachau concentration camp, to pay tribute to the victims of some horrific acts that took place so many years ago.
Well, wasn't that the most wildly wonderful week of your life? From endless beer tasting to satisfying your inner explorer with a bit of culture on the side; this has been an amazing experience to remember. Say auf wiedersehen to your new buddies and hug it out, anyone for St. Patrick's Day in Ireland?
Locally guided walking tour of the city
See the Glockenspiel & Marienplatz
Trip to the moving Dachau concentration camp memorial
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.