Mexico City Stopover
from $ 4,134* per person
Navigate your way through this enormous, vivacious and much-lauded city on this exciting Mexican stopover. Set out on a city tour and become privy to the history surrounding the immense and stunning sights of the Templo Mayor, Palace of Government for Diego Rivera Murals, Cathedral, Palacio de Bellas Artes and Torre Latinoamericana. Wander the stalls of Mercado de San Juan and be overwhelmed by the incredible array of produce on display – choosing where to eat will be a small kind of torture. Experience the incredible Aztec ruins of Teotihuacan with a knowledgeable local guide. Learn about the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon, and stroll down the Avenue of the Dead hearing about its grizzly significance. In spare time, simply chill out with some amazing local food and let this city’s ambience overtake you.
Travel Dates: From 25/05/2019 to 03/01/2021
Duration: 4 days
- Enjoy plenty of tacos, quesadillas and delicious elotes (charred corn) while eating your way through Mexico City's street food scene
Picture life in Mexico 2000 years ago while strolling down the 'Avenue of the Dead' and marvelling at the ancient Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon
Taste pulque, which is made from the fermented sap of the maguey (agave) plant, and dates back 2000 years
Wander around Templo Mayor
Stand atop the city at the Torre Latinoamericana
Shop like a local at the Mercado de San Juan
Breakfasts Included: 3
Dinners Included: 1
Hotel (3 nts)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 12
Mexico City Tour - Urban Adventures
Hidden Teotihuacan & Dinner with the locals - Urban Adventures
Day 1: Mexico City
Arrive in Mexico City. A welcome pack will be waiting at the hotel including all the information you need for your tour. Modern meets ancient in Mexico City - one of the world's largest urban centres. Although crowded and smoggy, D.F. (Distrito Federal) offers a great variety of impressive museums, galleries and architecture, along with exciting night life and delicious street food. Today is just an arrival day, there are no organised activities. If you arrive early perhaps head to the Zocalo, the city's huge central square, to see Aztec ruins and colonial architecture, check out the Frida Kahlo Museum, or relax in one of the many parks, plazas and gardens.
Day 2: Mexico City
Today, your Intrepid Urban Adventures guide will pick you up from your hotel at 08.45 before making your way to pick up the rest of travel companions for today. Embark on an exploration of Mexico City including the Zocalo, Metropolitan Cathedral and Templo Mayor. See one of Diego Rivera's most famous murals at Museo Mural and explore the fresh food stalls at Mercado San Juan. Your trip will finish at approximately 4pm at the Palace of Fine Arts (Palacio de Bellas Artes).
Day 3: Mexico City
Today your Intrepid Urban Adventures guide will pick you up from your hotel at 10am before heading to the Basilica de Guadalupe. After the visit to the Basilica you will pick up the rest of your travel mates for today. Head out of Mexico City by local transport, experiencing how locals move about this crowded city. Hop off at the archaeological area of the Teotihuacan pyramids. As you tour the grounds, you’ll visit the Moon Pyramid, the Calzada de los Muertos (Dead Pass), and the Sun Pyramid, which is the tallest and most spectacular in the area — it’s 63 metres to the top. After exploring the pyramids, we’ll continue the afternoon walking through the streets of a nearby town. Our first stop will take us into a family-run business where you will learn about ‘obsidian’ — the material that the Teotihuacan people use as a main element to make their tools, idols, and decorations. As well, you’ll get to sip an ancient sacred drink called ‘pulque,’ which is extracted from the heart of the maguey (another kind of cactus) — considered by some to be the great-grandfather of tequila. To finish our journey, we’ll visit a local family for dinner. Their menu is always changing based on whatever they’ve cooked for the day — but there’s always delicious options for every palate. You’ll be welcomed into their home and experience traditional dinner customs. After dinner, we’ll head back to Mexico City, arriving at about 9.30pm.
Day 4: Mexico City
There are no activities planned for the final day.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.