Melbourne, Outback & Uluru Adventure
from $ 21,216* per person
Let’s be frank, we’d need a heck of a lot of time to be able to see everything Australia has to offer, and sometimes we’re just not afforded that luxury. Fret not, fellow adventurers, because this 12-day tour will take you on a pretty thorough jaunt from Melbourne to the Red Centre, with a mix of must-see highlights and unique experiences along the way. Sample local wines, check out Victoria’s beaches, travel along the Great Ocean Road, sleep underground like the locals in Coober Pedy, and explore the Outback. (And more. Seriously.)
Travel Dates: From 09/07/2017 to 15/12/2019
Duration: 12 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Wine Tasting, Clare Valley
- Guided Melbourne laneways walk
- Brighton bathing boxes visit
- Rainforest walk in Great Otway NP
- 12 Apostles visit
- Grampians NP visit
- Tower Hill Nature Reserve visit
- Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre visit
- Wilpena Pound visit
- Underground mine tour (Coober Pedy)
- Champagne sunset viewing of Uluru
- Mala Walk around Uluru and cultural centre visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
Hotels (10 nts), underground hotel (1 nt)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 12
Private vehicle, ferry, walking
Day 1 Melbourne
There are no planned activities during the day, so check into the hotel and explore the city. If you arrive early enough, head into the city to take in the 'cultural capital of Australia'. Get lost in the city's famous laneways, go on the hunt for the perfect flat white (hint: Melbourne loves its coffee shops), catch the tram to St. Kilda, or wander around the über-cool Fitzroy neighbourhood. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Melbourne/Mornington Peninsula (1B)
Although fairly small in size, the Mornington Peninsula packs a big punch with the amount of things to do here. Be awed with the stunning coastal scenery while driving through quaint towns and past stunning beaches. Included Activities: Melbourne Laneways Walk Bathing Boxes Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (2.00 hour(s), 100km)
Day 3 Mornington Peninsula
Enjoy a free day in the Mornington Peninsula. Opt to visit a winery or hit one of the many incredible beaches in the area.
Day 4 Mornington Peninsula/Port Campbell (1B)
Hop on a ferry to Queenscliff before spending the day travelling along the Great Ocean Road. Pass world-famous surf beaches, enjoy views of the 12 Apostles, and walk through the rainforest in Great Otway National Park. Included Activities: Rainforest Walk 12 Apostles Visit Loch Ard Gorge Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (0.50 hour(s), 20km) Ferry (1.00 hour(s), 15km) Enjoy the stunning scenery while driving along the Great Ocean Road, stopping at the highlights along the way. Private Vehicle (8.00 hour(s))
Day 5 Port Campbell/Halls Gap (1B, 1D)
Travel inland to Grampians National Park, known for its sandstone mountain range and impressive rock art. Trek through the forest, lush with vegetation and wildlife. Walk to the stunning Balconies and visit MacKenzie Falls. Included Activities: Tower Hill State Wildlife Reserve Visit The Balconies (Jaws of Death) Visit MacKenzie Falls Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00 hour(s), 260km) Private Vehicle (0.50-1.00 hours)
Day 6 Halls Gap/Adelaide (1B)
Visit the Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre before continuing on to Adelaide. The CEO will point out important highlights of the city while driving in, before free time to explore the city. Included Activities: Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre Visit Orientation Drive Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00-6.50 hours, 500km)
Day 7 Adelaide/Ikara-Flinders Ranges (1B, 1L, 1D)
Stop in the Clare Valley for a wine tasting and light gourmet lunch featuring regional produce. Afterwards, drive through the Flinders Ranges. Included Activities: Wine Tasting Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 440km)
Day 8 Ikara-Flinders Ranges (1B, 1D)
Visit Wilpena Pound, a 800-million-year old natural amphitheatre, before enjoying free time for optional activities in the Flinders Ranges like hiking or a 4WD tour of the rugged area. Included Activities: Wilpena Pound Visit
Day 9 Ikara-Flinders Ranges/Coober Pedy (1B, 1L)
Travel to the unique opal mining town of Coober Pedy, where people live underground to avoid the heat. A guided mine tour gives insight to the mining process and the importance of opals to the area. Included Activities: Guided Mine Tour Transport: Private Vehicle (8.00 hour(s), 700km)
Day 10 Coober Pedy/Uluru (1B)
Cross the border into the Northern Territory, where Australia's most iconic view awaits. Included Activities: Uluru at Sunset Transport: Private Vehicle (9.00 hour(s), 750km)
Day 11 Uluru (1B)
Enjoy the Mala Walk at Uluru to learn the importance of the rock to the Aborigines. Included Activities: Uluru Mala Walk Aboriginal Cultural Centre Visit
Day 12 Uluru
Depart at any time. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.