Great Ocean Road West–Melbourne to Adelaide
from $ 3,549* per person
This might be a quick trip along the Great Ocean Road — but you’ll never feel rushed. Geared towards budget-conscious travellers looking to hit the highlights of the South Coast, this itinerary features lots of inclusions at a great price. What’s more, you’ll have lots of options to get active when you head inland to Grampians National Park. Forego the typical coach tour and experience Australia the way it was meant to be explored.
Travel Dates: From 13/01/2015 to 29/12/2020
Duration: 5 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Rainforest walk in Great Otway NP
- Tower Hill Reserve visit
- Walks in Grampians NP
- Entrance fee to 12 Apostles/Port Campbell NP
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Hostels (4 nts, multi-share)
Group Size Notes
Max 20, avg 16
Private vehicle, walking
Day 1 Melbourne
There are no planned activities during the day, so check into the hotel and explore the city. If you arrive early enough, head into the city to take in the 'cultural capital of Australia'. Get lost in the city's famous laneways, go on the hunt for the perfect flat white (hint: Melbourne loves its coffee shops), catch the tram to St. Kilda, or wander around the über-cool Fitzroy neighbourhood. Additional Notes: Please try to arrive before 7pm for an important group welcome meeting where you can meet your Chief Experience Officer (CEO) and the other group members. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Melbourne/Port Campbell (1B)
Depart early morning for the journey to Port Campbell. Check out the famous surf towns of Torquay, Lorne and Apollo Bay en route. Make a stop at Great Otway NP for an included rainforest walk. Explore the scenic attractions of the Great Ocean Road including the picturesque 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge. Included Activities: 12 Apostles Visit Loch Ard Gorge Visit Rainforest Walk Transport: Private Vehicle (7.00 hour(s), 300km)
Day 3 Port Campbell/Halls Gap (1B)
Start the day visiting more attractions of the Great Ocean Road including The Arch and the now broken London Bridge. Visit Tower Hill State Wildlife Reserve for a chance to see animals endemic to Australia such as koalas, emus and kangaroos. Opt to visit an Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn about the significance of the area to the indigenous people. End the day with an evening walk in the Grampians NP. Included Activities: London Arch Visit Tower Hill State Wildlife Reserve Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00 hour(s), 260km)
Day 4 Halls Gap/Adelaide (1B)
Early start to explore more of Grampians NP. Walk to the stunning Jaws of Death Balconies, visit MacKenzie's Falls, and travel onto Adelaide, the capital of South Australia. Included Activities: Grampians National Park Visit The Balconies (Jaws of Death) Visit MacKenzie Falls Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00-6.50 hours, 500km)
Day 5 Adelaide
There are no planned activities, so depart at any time. With nearby wineries, Kangaroo Island, and lots of optional activities available, it's recommended booking post-nights in this vibrant city. Additional Notes: Want one final adventure before heading home? Spend an extra day in Adelaide and add the 'Dolphin Swim and Cruise' extra to your tour. Head out in search of wild dolphins, before hopping into the water and going for a swim as they play around you. Available mid-Sept to May. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.