Moroccan Desert Adventure
from $ 5,452* per person
Marrakech — whisper it and instantly your mind goes to a place of seduction and spices. This intense one-week journey reveals the secrets of Morocco and is filled with all the activities and energy you crave. In the company of other young travellers, take in the stunning Sahara, go rock climbing in Todra, and bask in the beauty of the Atlas Mountains. Explore the kasbahs and desert and lose the herd on a trip you’ll never forget.
Travel Dates: From 06/04/2019 to 25/12/2021
Duration: 7 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Local Living Moment: Mountain Gîte Stay with Traditional Moroccan Meal, Aroumd
- Local village farmland walk in Todra Gorge
- Camel ride in the Desert
- Traditional dinner and drums under the stars
- Visit to Aït Ben Haddou Kasbah
- Hike in the Atlas Mountains
- Home cooked meal in a Mountain gîte
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
6 breakfasts, 2 dinners
Simple hotels (5 nts), mountain gîte (1nt, multi-share)
Group Size Notes
Max 14, avg 10
Private air-conditioned van, public bus, camel
Day 1 Marrakech
Arrive at any time. Meet your group for the welcome meeting. Afterwards, head out for a night on the town. Additional Notes: On arrival, check the notice board (or ask reception) for the exact time and location of the group meeting. Afterwards, there will be the possibility to go out for a meal as a group in a nearby local restaurant. If you arrive late, no worries, your leader will leave you a message at the front desk. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Marrakech/Todra Gorge (1B)
Make the first stop of the day at Tineghir to visit the town and go for a walk through the palm groves. Then head to the breathtaking Todra Gorge to spend the night nestled between the sheer cliff walls among the palm trees and gurgling river. This serene spot is great for hiking, relaxing on the edge of the river or sampling some local Berber delicacies. Transport: Private Vehicle (7.00-8.00 hours)
Day 3 Todra Gorge/Merzouga (1B, 1D)
Settle into your hotel at the edge of the dunes and enjoy a warm welcome with mint tea. In the late afternoon, take a camel ride deep into the dunes to watch the sunset. Learn to tie a turban to keep the desert sun off your face and add a little flare to photos. In the evening, gather around a campfire near to your hotel to indulge in a traditional dinner under the stars. Listen to stories about life in this region and, perhaps, some traditional music on the drums. Included Activities: Camel Ride Transport: Private Vehicle (3.50 hour(s))
Day 4 Merzouga/Ait Benhaddou (1B)
Rise early to watch the sunrise. Depart early and travel along the Route of 1000 Kasbahs to Ait Ben Haddou, one of the most fascinating and beautiful kasbahs renowned UNESCO world heritage site. Included Activities: Aït Ben Haddou Kasbah Tour Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s))
Day 5 Ait Benhaddou/Aroumd (1B, 1D)
Travel through the magnificent High Atlas Mountain landscape, crossing the Tizi n’Tichka pass at 2260m. Head into the splendid Toubkal National Park, passing through small villages on winding mountain roads, arriving at the village of Imlil. With our main luggage transported by mule, embark on the hike from Imlil to the little village of Aroumd (1 hr), arriving at our simple mountain gîte for the night. Enjoy a homemade dinner of local produce in the cozy salon. Settle in and enjoy the tranquility, fantastic views, and clean mountain air of this magical region. Additional Notes: Accommodation is multi-share, up to six beds in each room. Bedding is provided, but you will need to bring a sleeping bag for additional warmth if travelling between November and April. You will also need to bring your own towel. Bathroom facilities are shared. Included Activities: Mountain Gîte Stay with Traditional Moroccan Meal Transport: Private Vehicle (4.50 hour(s), 225km) Hiking (1.00 hour(s))
Day 6 Aroumd/Marrakech (1B)
Journey to Marrakech. After arriving in the "Red City,"opt to discover the secrets of this amazing, ancient city. Relax at one of the tea houses around the square, watching the hustle and bustle from a shady spot. Opt to visit Musée de Marrakech, explore the ruins of El Badi Palace or wander through Jardins Majorelle. End the day like a local with an optional group dinner in the famous food stalls of Djemaa el Fna. Transport: Private Vehicle (1.75 hour(s), 70km) Hiking (1.00 hour(s))
Day 7 Marrakech (1B)
Depart at any time. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.