Climb Mt Toubkal
from $ 4,056* per person
Jebel Toubkal, Morocco’s highest peak, has captivated mountaineers for centuries. Our ascent up the rocky giant of North Africa — the tallest in the region — is no picnic, but is accessible to anyone in good shape and hungry for a thrilling high-altitude adventure. Traditional Berber communities line the route on this trip and you’ll have plenty of time to learn their customs through village visits and overnight camping with hearty home-cooked meals. The views on the way up are spectacular, but nothing compares to what you’ll see (and feel) at the top.
Travel Dates: From 30/05/2015 to 17/09/2021
Duration: 7 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Atlas Mountains trek with a qualified mountain guide (5 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Hotels (2 nts), mountain gîtes (3 nts), camping (1 nt, 2-man tents)
Group Size Notes
Max 14, Avg 10
Private air-conditioned van, walking
Day 1 Marrakech
Arrive at any time. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Marrakech/Tizi Oussem (1B, 1L, 1D)
Leave the plains around Marrakech, wind your way through the Moulay Brahim Gorge and the foothills of the western High Atlas Mountains. Pass the village of Asni to Imi Oughlad, where we meet our mules and muleteers to begin the trekking adventure. Additional Notes: Our trekking mules will carry your larger bags as well as tents and equipment. Luggage is limited to 12kg (26 lbs) per person for the trek and bags must be soft duffle bags or frameless backpacks. You will carry only your own daypack when trekking (for water, camera, jacket, sunscreen, etc.). Sometimes the mules take a slightly different track at some points, or go faster than we walk. As you may not see them for long stretches, you should be prepared to carry the things you need with you while walking between stops. Gîtes are accommodation in family houses, or mountain huts, usually in mountain villages and are very, very simple. If you have this expectation in mind we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised. Sleeping arrangements are multi-share. Matresses are provided. You will need to have your own sleeping bag, sleeping sheet, and bath towel. Bathroom facilities are basic and shared, and hot water is not always available. Included Activities: High Atlas Trek: Tizi ‘n Tacht Transport: Private Vehicle (1.50 hour(s))
Day 3 Tizi Oussem/Aroumd (1B, 1L, 1D)
We stay in another village gite for the night. Included Activities: Mount Toubkal Trek
Day 4 Aroumd/Jebel Toubkal (1B, 1L, 1D)
Time permitting, enjoy either a 2-hour optional climb to the summit of Ouanoums (3,650m/11,975 ft) or simply relax at base camp for the night. Additional Notes: Tonight camp in two-person tents near the busy Mt Toubkal refuges, which sit at an altitude of 3,207m/10,522 ft. Foam mattresses are provided for you to sleep on during our camping. If you would like more comfort, please bring a light weight self-inflating mattress such as a thermarest. Pillows are not provided so you may also wish to bring an inflatable pillow. You will need to bring a sleeping bag and we recommend a lightweight sleeping sheet as well (for extra warmth or for when hot). Bathroom facilities are "au naturelle", we hide our "hole in the ground" toilet with a tent, and ask that all toilet paper is burnt. You can also make use of the toilets and showers at the base camp refuge, but you will be asked to pay and the camp may be some distance from the refuge. Included Activities: Mizane Valley Trek
Day 5 Jebel Toubkal/Aroumd (1B, 1L, 1D)
Savour the satisfaction of the ascent and the spectacular views across the valleys below when summitting the 4,167m (13,671 ft) Mt Toubkal today. Included Activities: Mt Toubkal Summit
Day 6 Aroumd/Marrakech (1B)
Take advantage of a few hours in the early evening to explore this wonderful city - perhaps for some serious bargaining for souvenirs. Included Activities: Imlil Trek Transport: Private Vehicle (1.50 hour(s))
Day 7 Marrakech (1B)
Depart at any time. Additional Notes: Please note that hotel check-out time is normally mid-morning, but luggage storage is available (possible extra charge to be paid locally). Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 April 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.