Explore the wonders of Malta on this incredible tour - from the capital, Valletta, to the historically rich towns of Vittoriosa and Mdina, and the villages of Gozo. Along the way you'll see picturesque harbours and indulge in cheese and wine tastings, with plenty of time to visit the hidden coves and beaches of this charming archipelago.
Travel Dates: From 11/05/2020 to 21/02/2021
Duration: 7 days
Company: Back Roads Touring
- Try your hand at making your own pizza at a traditional pizzeria in Valletta
Enjoy a 90-minute cruise around two of the most beautiful harbours in Europe
Savour local wine and cheeses at the Meridiana Wine Estate
DAY 1 St Julian's - Valletta - St Julian's
After meeting the group we’ll get straight down to business on a guided tour of the picturesque city of St Julian’s - with included visits to the Upper Barracca Gardens and St John’s Co-Cathedral lined up for us. For lunch, we’ll unleash our inner chefs at a pizza making class on the waterfront in Valletta before sitting down to enjoy our creations. Then: onwards to the hotel, where we’ll celebrate our first night together with a welcome dinner. Accommodation: The Argento Hotel (or similar)
DAY 2 St Julian's - Vittoriosa - Senglea - Sliema - St Julian's
Today we’ll shift our focus back in time as we explore the historic cities of Vittoriosa (where we’ll visit the Inquisitor’s Palace) and the lesser-explored Senglea. With time to visit the Senglea Gardens (not to mention a stop at the quaint fishing village of Marsaxlokk),you can rest assured that there will be plenty of visual gems to feast your eyes on! After an eventful morning, we’ll take some time to relax on a harbour cruise around the ports of St Julian’s - a natural treasure trove for photographers. Accommodation: The Argento Hotel (or similar)
DAY 3 St Julian's - Mosta - Rabat - Mdina - St Julian's
We’ll begin our third day together with a visit to the stunning Mosta Church (and a short photo stop at the Dingli Cliffs) before we move on to the beautiful wilderness of the Buskett Gardens. After that, we’ll enjoy a guided tour of Malta’s old capital: Mdina, also known as the ‘silent city’. And on this afternoon’s agenda? An indulgent wine tasting accompanied by local cheese and biscuits at the Meridiana Wine Estate. Leave some space - tonight, we’ve a dinner reservation at a local restaurant. Accommodation: The Argento Hotel (or similar)
DAY 4 St Julian's - Qrendi - Cirkewwa - Xaghra
After a stop at Hamrija Tower and the Hagar Qim temples, we’ll journey onwards through the village of Birzebbuga towards the Blue Grotto: where an included boat trip awaits. Afterwards, we’ll travel to the ferry point at Cirkewwa (via a photo stop at Popeye’s Village), where we’ll take a short speedboat transfer to Gozo. We’ll round off a busy day with a visit to the Dreams of Horses Farm, where we’ll have the opportunity to interact with the animals. Accommodation: The Cornucopia Hotel (or similar)
DAY 5 Xaghra - Gharb - Victoria - Xaghra
Today we’ll visit the spectacular megalithic temple complex of Ggantija - the most ancient temples in Malta. After moving on to the imposing Old Citadel in Victoria (which can be seen from almost anywhere on Gozo), we’ll roll up our sleeves for a hands-on cheesemaking experience at Ta’ Rikardu Farm. An evening of leisure time is in store for us back at the hotel - but not before we’ve stopped off for a photo or two at the peaceful village of Sannat. Accommodation: The Cornucopia Hotel (or similar)
DAY 6 Xaghra - San Lawrence - Marsalforn - Xaghra
We may be nearing the end of our journey, but there’s still plenty to explore! After visiting Fungus Rock, we’ll move on to the unusual saltpans of Xwejni Bay - and then, it’s time for a treat at the famous Mekren Bakery. Here, we’ll sample some ftira while taking in the superb views over Ramla Bay. Later on, we’ll come together for one last dinner at a local restaurant. Accommodation: The Cornucopia Hotel (or similar)
DAY 7 Xaghra - St Julian's
After a final breakfast and leisurely morning, we’ll catch the ferry back to St Julian’s - where our tour will end later on this afternoon.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.