Western Express Northbound
from $ 10,920* per person
From Joshua trees and the Grand Canyon to roadside burger joints and the cosmopolitan streets of San Francisco, this region is loaded with the intriguing and the incredible. Best of all, this Los Angeles to San Francisco itinerary is structured so that those short on time can experience the region's best. At any of the sights you’ll get great pictures and a greater appreciation of what you’re seeing. Best of all, national park entrances are included, so you can explore Yosemite and still try your luck in Las Vegas.
Destination: Los Angeles
Travel Dates: From 21/02/2015 to 26/12/2021
Duration: 8 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
All national park and national monument fees
- Orientations to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and San Francisco
- Calico Ghost Town visit
- Route 66 drive
- Grand Canyon visit and stay with pizza dinner on the rim
- Death Valley visit
- Tioga Pass drive (seasonal)
- Yosemite stay
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Hotels (twin-share with en suite facilities, 7 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 14, avg 10
Day 1 Los Angeles
There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting. Additional Notes: We highly recommend booking pre-tour accommodation to fully experience this crazy city. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Los Angeles/Lake Havasu City
Pack up the van in the morning and check out the stars on the most famous sidewalk in Hollywood on an orientation tour. Drive through Beverly Hills and be dazzled by one of the world's most exclusive three-block district: Rodeo Drive. In the late morning, take in the iconic trees of Joshua Tree National Park. In late afternoon, continue on to Lake Havasu City, for the night. Included Activities: Orientation Drive Hollywood Visit Joshua Tree NP Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (7.00 hour(s), 435km) Private Vehicle (2.50-3.00 hours, 240km)
Day 3 Lake Havasu City/Grand Canyon National Park (1D)
Drive to one of the earth's greatest on-going geological spectacles, the Grand Canyon. Take a short hike (weather permitting) at the most spectacular gorge in the world and enjoy dinner at the rim while watching a stunning sunset. Included Activities: Grand Canyon South Rim Visit Grand Canyon Hiking Transport: Travel time includes stops along the way. Private Vehicle (6.00-7.00 hours, 450km)
Day 4 Grand Canyon National Park/Las Vegas
Spend the morning at the Grand Canyon. After, get your kicks on Route 66 and stop at one of the wackiest, roadside burger joints around. Continue towards Sin City to enjoy exploring the Vegas Strip. Additional Notes: Note: If you have pre-booked the Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride you will enjoy your 45-50min ride over the canyon today. Opt to book a VIP Vegas Limo Bus experience as well on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Included Activities: Seligman (Route 66) Visit Transport: Travel time includes stops along the way. Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 460km)
Day 5 Las Vegas/Sierra Nevadas
Travel to one of the country's most rugged landscapes — the legendary Death Valley, California. Soak in the dramatic landscape. Additional Notes: During the months of July through mid October, we intend to use the Tioga Pass, a scenic a route through the Sierra Nevada mountain range that connects Yosemite NP with the east side of the mountain range. In the remaining months, the pass is often closed due to poor weather conditions or even snow. During these months, we use an alternate route the travels across California, south of the mountain range. The status of the road is monitored daily, and our travel plan for the area will be confirmed during the trip. Included Activities: Death Valley National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle
Day 6 Sierra Nevadas/Yosemite National Park
Head out of town towards Yosemite Valley. Take short hikes (weather permitting) to majestic waterfalls, clear lakes, beautiful meadows or walk among giant sequoias. If lucky, spot black bears, deer or coyotes with a keen eye. Spend the night just outside the national park. Included Activities: Yosemite National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle
Day 7 Yosemite National Park/San Francisco
Depart in the morning for one of the greatest cities in the world: San Francisco. Discover some of the iconic attractions such as bustling Fisherman's Wharf or the stately Golden Gate Bridge, a marvel of engineering and Art Deco design. Additional Notes: Opt to pre-book the "Sunset Sailing – San Francisco" activity on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Golden Gate Bridge Visit California Produce Tasting Transport: Travel time includes stops along the way. Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 230km)
Day 8 San Francisco
We highly recommend booking post-accommodation to fully experience this famous city.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.