Los Angeles to San Francisco Express
from $ 10,912* per person
LA, San Francisco, Vegas, the Grand Canyon — they might as well rename this whole region The American Best. Steel yourself for seven days of 24-hour thrills as you dive headfirst into the best the West has to offer. Scour the streets of classic American cities in search of the classic American meal — the venerable hamburger — then escape the grid to camp and explore in Yosemite National Park and the Grand Canyon. Add in a streetwise Chief Experience Officer (CEO) to keep you headed in the right direction, and you’re all set for a whirlwind adventure you'll never forget.
Destination: Los Angeles
Travel Dates: From 11/04/2015 to 25/09/2021
Duration: 7 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Joshua Tree NP Visit
- Grand Canyon NP Visit
- Death Valley NP Visit
- Yosemite NP Visit
- Route 66 Visit
- Sunset at the rim of the Grand Canyon
- Fremont Street Experience, Las Vegas
- Entrance fees to all national parks with hiking and walking excursions
- Self-inflating mattresses and dome tents
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Hotels/hostels (2 nts, some multi-share), participation camping (4 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 22, avg 16
Air-conditioned private vehicle, walking
Day 1 Los Angeles
Enjoy free time in Santa Monica, where the hostel is located, and check out the famous pier or hit the beach. Consider booking pre-tour accommodation if you'd like to see all of the popular sights in the area. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Los Angeles/Lake Havasu (1D)
Be on celebrity-watch while passing by a few popular sites on the way out of California's most glamourous city. Hike among the boulders and famous Joshua trees, then cool off in the crystal-clear waters of the Colorado River at Lake Havasu. Included Activities: Joshua Tree NP Hike Transport: Includes stops Private Vehicle (7.00 hour(s), 435km)
Day 3 Lake Havasu/Grand Canyon (1B, 1L, 1D)
In the morning, discover something unexpected, the London Bridge, in Lake Havasu City. Continue across vast desert landscapes to one of the earth's greatest on-going geological spectacles: the Grand Canyon. Take short hikes at the most spectacular gorge in the world and enjoy a pizza dinner at the rim as you view the stunning sunset. Included Activities: London Bridge Visit Grand Canyon South Rim Visit Grand Canyon Hiking Transport: Private Van with Wi-fi (9.00 hour(s))
Day 4 Grand Canyon/Las Vegas (1B)
For our night in Las Vegas, we stay close to the action in a hotel in the city centre. Additional Notes: Pre-book a bird's-eye view of the Grand Canyon with an optional helicopter flight, or a Vegas strip Party Bus experience on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Included Activities: Seligman (Route 66) Visit Vegas Strip Visit Transport: Includes stops along Route 66. Private Vehicle (9.00 hour(s), 480km)
Day 5 Las Vegas/Sierra Nevadas (1L, 1D)
Visit a land of extremes in Death Valley National Park. Included Activities: Death Valley National Park Visit Transport: Private Van with Wi-fi (7.00 hour(s), 450km)
Day 6 Sierra Nevadas/Yosemite National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
With a keen eye, you may be lucky enough to spot black bears, deer or coyotes. Additional Notes: We intend to use the Tioga Pass, a scenic a route through the Sierra Nevada mountain range that connects Bishop with Yosemite NP. In the spring and autumn seasons, there's a chance the pass will be closed due to poor weather conditions or even snow. In this case, we use an alternate route, and spend the night in Lake Isabella instead of Bishop. The status of the road is monitored daily, and our travel plan for the area will be confirmed during the trip. Included Activities: Yosemite National Park Visit Transport: Includes stops Private Van with Wi-fi (7.00 hour(s), 305km)
Day 7 Yosemite National Park/San Francisco (1B, 1L)
There's a lot to see and do in San Francisco, and we recommend spending extra time here if you'd like to explore the city; speak to your sales agent to book extra accommodation. Haight-Ashbury, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf and the city's famous cable cars await you. Additional Notes: If you are departing on arrival to San Francisco, you will not have enough time to participate in the Sunset Sailing extra. Post-tour accommodation is required to purchase this extra. Included Activities: Departure Day (Activities) Transport: Includes stops Private Van with Wi-fi (6.00 hour(s), 225km)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.