London to Barcelona on a Shoestring
from $ 16,848* per person
This is the ultimate (and iconic) whirlwind tour of Western Europe that everyone dreams of. For 13 days, travel primarily by train to roam the streets of Paris and Rome, hike coastal trails in Cinque Terre, try a hand at the famous casino in Monte Carlo, and stretch out on the French Riviera. Cover some serious ground and introduce yourself to your new favourite cities with a group of like-minded travellers.
Travel Dates: From 07/05/2016 to 27/09/2020
Duration: 13 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your G for Good Moment: Mescladis Cooking Demonstration, Barcelona Your Foodie Moment: Eiffel Tower Picnic, Paris Your Discover Moment: Paris Your Discover Moment: Interlaken Your Discover Moment: Rome Your Big Night Out Moment: Barcelona
- Picnic in front of Eiffel Tower
- Visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Cinque Terre park fee, unlimited train ticket and CEO-led hike
- Visit to Monaco
- Orientation walks in Interlaken & Milan
Hostels (12 nts, multi-share)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 10
Train, public bus, metro, plane, walking
Day 1 London/Paris
Meet in London before departing for Paris by train. Additional Notes: Please refer to joining instructions for more information on where to meet. Please note the trip departs London in the evening of Day 1 so it is imperative that you arrive on time for departure soon after the 5:30pm Welcome Meeting. Please allow plenty of time for the journey to London to allow for any possible delays. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group Transport: Train (3.00 hour(s))
Day 2 Paris (1L)
Explore and discover the “je ne sais quoi” of the City of Lights. Paris has something for everyone and you can use your day here to picnic under the Eiffel Tower, explore the outstanding museums and churches, float down the Seine on a river cruise or people watch at one of the charming cafés. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Eiffel Tower Picnic
Day 3 Paris/Interlaken
Take a train from Paris to Interlaken, a small city in the Swiss Alps with breathtaking scenery. Transport: Train (8.00 hour(s))
Days 4-5 Interlaken
Enjoy an orientation walk of Interlaken. Opt to get the adrenaline pumping with some canyoning or whitewater rafting. Explore a nearby glacier or go swimming in a crystal clear lake. Don't miss the nightlife. Included Activities: Orientation Walk
Day 6 Interlaken/Rome
Opt to check out the famous Roman sites from times past like the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican and Pantheon. Opt to wander the cobblestone streets, or relax in a piazza with an espresso. Don't miss the amazing Italian food, wine and nightlife. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Big Night Out Rome Transport: Train (3.50-4.00 hours) Local train (3.50 hour(s))
Day 7 Rome
Today, new travellers may join you for the rest of the adventure. You are welcome to join them at a group meeting this evening, followed by an optional dinner. Included Activities: Optional Welcome Meeting for Travellers on Combos
Day 8 Rome/Rapallo
Stop at Pisa to check out the Leaning Tower en route to the beautiful Italian Riviera. Included Activities: Leaning Tower of Pisa Visit Transport: Train (3.00 hour(s)) Local train (0.50-1.50 hours)
Day 9 Rapallo
Walk the coastal path between Riomaggiore and Monterosso or opt to take the train. Visit charming, colourful towns along the way with an included national park pass and unlimited train ticket. Included Activities: National Park Pass and Unlimited Train Ticket
Day 10 Rapallo/Nice
Continue to the French Riviera and enjoy an included excursion to Monaco. Transport: Train (5.00 hour(s)) Train (0.50 hour(s)) Train (0.50 hour(s))
Day 11 Nice
Enjoy a free day to take a cycling tour, go for a hike along the coast, or take a day trip to nearby beaches and villages.
Day 12 Nice/Barcelona
Visit the old Gothic Quarter with its maze of dark streets, historic cathedral, medieval buildings, bars, and cafés. Stroll Las Ramblas, a large tree-lined pedestrian boulevard perfect for people watching and window shopping. Additional Notes: If popular sights like La Sagrada Família or Parc Güell are on your must-see list in Barcelona, we highly recommend purchasing tickets online several months prior to your trip. This is the only way to guarantee admission during your visit. Please note that passenger luggage (up to 23kgs/50lbs per passenger) is included on your internal flight. Included Activities: Mescladis Cooking Demonstration Big Night Out Transport: Plane (2.00 hour(s))
Day 13 Barcelona
We recommend staying an extra day or two to fully experience all this lively city has to offer. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.