Highlights of Portugal
from $ 8,814* per person
In Portugal, the sun is bright, the food is delicious, and the living is easy. Wander the hilly streets of coastal Lisbon, where you can munch on a custard tart while gazing at sun-dappled architecture. Get your fill of history and culture at UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Batalha Monastery, Coimbra University, and the picturesque town of Sintra (optional). End the tour in Porto, where the majestic Douro Valley begs for you to lounge back with a glass of port wine in hand. Felicidades! And welcome to Portugal.
Travel Dates: From 08/04/2018 to 20/12/2021
Duration: 7 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Fado Night with Traditional Portuguese Meal, Lisbon Culture & History: Port Wine Cellar Visit, Porto
- Lisbon orientation walk
- Fado performance with traditional Portuguese dinner
- Batalha gothic monastery entrance and visit
- Porto orientation walk
- Port wine cellars visit and tasting
- Transport to/from all included activities and between all destinations
6 breakfasts, 1 dinner
Hotels (6 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 12
Walking, private vehicle, train
Day 1 Lisbon
If visiting the historic district of Belém is on your bucket list, we recommend arriving early on this day to explore its major sites like the Jerónimos Monastery and Belém Tower. Most attractions in Belém are closed on Mondays. Additional Notes: If you'd like to independently explore Lisbon before your tour begins, consider booking pre-tour accommodation with us. Please speak to a G Adventures representative about booking accommodations in Lisbon before Day 1 of this itinerary. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Lisbon (1B, 1D)
Opt to take a day trip into the foothills of the surrounding mountains to Sintra. Get lost in the city's winding streets lined with pastel coloured houses, palaces, majestic gardens and lush forests. It doesn't get more postcard-worthy than this. Included Activities: Lisbon Orientation Walk Fado Night with Traditional Portuguese Meal
Day 3 Lisbon/Coimbra (1B)
Leave Lisbon behind and head north to the small hill town of Batalha, best known for its ornate gothic monastery built to commemorate Portugal's victory in the infamous battle of Aljubarrota. Visit the historic Batalha Monastery with free time to wander the grounds. Continue to the medieval capital of Portugal, Coimbra. Included Activities: Batalha Monastery Visit Transport: Private Vehicle
Day 4 Coimbra (1B)
Enjoy a free day to explore Coimbra. Opt to visit the famous Coimbra University, a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2013 (and also the inspiration for Harry Potter's Hogwarts). Explore the winding streets and the riverfront filled with restaurants and bars, or opt for a day trip to the nearby coastal town of Aveiro or the pilgrimage sites of Fátima.
Day 5 Coimbra/Porto (1B)
Continue to the historic and vibrant coastal town of Porto in the afternoon, and take an orientation walk upon arrival. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Transport: Local train (1.50 hour(s), 120km)
Day 6 Porto (1B)
Head down Allies Avenue to see the French-inspired buildings. Bargain at the Bolhão Market. Wander the city's World Heritage-listed Ribeira district, visit São Francisco church, the palatial former 19th-century stock market Palácio de Bolsa or head to the Clerigos Tower for a panoramic view of the city. In the evening, become an Port wine connoisseur with a visit to the cellars and a port wine tasting. Included Activities: Port Wine Cellar Visit
Day 7 Porto (1B)
Depart at any time. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.