Sin, Surf & Sierras – Las Vegas to LA
from $ 9,532* per person
For the traveller who wants it all, this desert-to-coast journey delivers in spades. Throw caution to the wind in Las Vegas, then cleanse those chakras with pristine national park hiking. You’ll drive the legendary Pacific Coast Highway for views that are postcard-perfect and finish in Los Angeles for a final burst of movie star glamour. A private vehicle and participation camping offer affordability and flexibility while letting you get to know your fellow travellers, making this a road trip to remember.
Destination: Las Vegas
Travel Dates: From 03/04/2015 to 26/09/2020
Duration: 8 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Discover Moment: Yosemite National Park Your Discover Moment: San Francisco
- Death Valley NP Visit
- Yosemite NP Visit
- Santa Cruz Visit
- Pacific Coast Highway Drive
- Elephant Seal Rookery, San Simeon
- Free time in San Francisco
- Entrance fees to all national parks with hiking and walking excursions
- Self-inflating mattresses and dome tents
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Hotels/hostels (3 nts, some multi-share), participation camping (4 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 22, avg 18
Air-conditioned private vehicle, walking
Day 1 Las Vegas
Please note, Day 1 is an arrival day and there are no planned activities. This tour leaves Las Vegas in the morning on Day 2; if you would like to spend any additional time here, we recommend booking pre-tour accommodation. Additional Notes: Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with G Adventures, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Las Vegas/Sierra Nevadas (1L, 1D)
Visit a land of extremes in Death Valley National Park, one of the country's most rugged landscapes; the hottest and driest spot on earth and home to the lowest point in North America. Pass mountains, valleys, badlands, salt flats, dunes, as we drive through the spectacular landscape of this region. Stop at Zabriskie Point and hike the short distance to the vista, one of the most photographed spots in the park. Take in the views of diverse geological features as far as the eye can see. Next, descend into Badwater Basin, that sits 282 feet below sea level. Continue past Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes en route to Panamint Valley before ending the day surrounded by the peaks of the Sierra Nevadas. Additional Notes: Summer itinerary: Travel to Bishop via Tioga Pass viewing Mono Lake and the tufa towers on the way. Winter itinerary: Continue on to Lake Isabella, where we stay the night. Note that on Day 3, we intend to use the Tioga Pass, a scenic a route through the Sierra Nevada mountain range that connects Bishop with Yosemite NP. October through May, there's a chance the pass will be closed due to poor weather conditions or even snow. In this case, we use an alternate route, and spend the night in Lake Isabella (instead of Bishop). The status of the road is monitored daily, and our travel plans for the area will be confirmed during the trip. Included Activities: Death Valley National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (7.00 hour(s), 430km)
Day 3 Sierra Nevadas/Yosemite National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Morning trip to Mono Lake; walk among the tufa towers (seasonal). Discover Yosemite's peaks, granite domes and giant sequoias. Marvel at majestic waterfalls, lakes and meadows. Keep and eye out for glacial erratics, rock climbers and the diverse wildlife, including black bears, within the park. Included Activities: Mono Lake Visit Tioga Pass Drive Yosemite National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (7.00 hour(s), 322km)
Day 4 Yosemite National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Full day to explore Yosemite NP. Use free time to explore Yosemite by foot, bike or shuttle. Hike the many trails Yosemite has to offer and be inspired by this stunning landscape. Opt to rent a bike and cycle in Yosemite Valley. Carved by glaciers, Yosemite National Park became the first protected state park in the US in 1864. It took until 1890 to gain National Park status, with the work of John Muir. Spend the day hiking amongst Giant Sequoias, granite cliffs, and rushing waterfalls and understand why around 4 million people come to the park each year. Included Activities: Yosemite National Park Visit
Day 5 Yosemite National Park/San Francisco (1B, 1L)
Cross over the Bay Bridge to arrive on the peninsula of one of the most iconic cities in the world: San Francisco. Stop on Treasure Island to catch a glimpse of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and San Francisco's skyline. Your CEO will point out some popular sites during the drive into town. On arrival, opt to ride a cable car over the steep hills, explore by bicycle or pre book a sailing trip in the setting sun. Additional Notes: For our nights in San Francisco, we stay close to the action in a hotel in the city centre. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 230km)
Day 6 San Francisco
Enjoy a free day to explore San Francisco.
Day 7 Santa Cruz/Morro Bay (1D)
Visit Santa Cruz and go for a stroll along the boardwalk. Marvel at the beautiful coastline and mountain ranges of Big Sur along the Pacific coast. Stop to view elephant seals at Piedras Blancas Elephant Seal Rookery before catching the sunset on Morro Bay. Crashing waves, rolling fog, and sheer rocky cliffs will make this journey down California's coastal Highway 1 an unforgettable experience. Included Activities: Santa Cruz Visit Elephant Seal Rookery Transport: Private Vehicle (6.50 hour(s), 390km)
Day 8 Morro Bay/Los Angeles (1B)
Travel along the stunning Pacific coast to the City of Angels. Pass by Santa Barbara as we make our way to Santa Monica. Your CEO will point out a few famous neighborhoods and landmarks on the drive into the City of Angels. Trip ends upon arrival to Los Angeles. Additional Notes: Please note this trip ends on arrival to Los Angeles. There's a lot to see and do in LA, and we recommend spending extra time here if you'd like to explore Hollywood, Rodeo Drive and other hot spots around the city; speak to your sales agent to book extra accommodation. Included Activities: Departure Day (Activities) Transport: Private Vehicle (5.50-6.00 hours, 350km)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.