Discover American Canyonlands
from $ 15,288* per person
Take off on an adventure-filled eight days among the striking natural towers and red plateaus of the American canyonlands. Walk along the edge of the Grand Canyon with a recognized expert to view 2,000-year-old rock art, hike among the astounding rock formations of Zion National Park, and discover the beauty of Antelope Canyon alongside a Navajo guide. Find inspiration amid the beauty of these legendary landscapes.
Destination: Las Vegas
Travel Dates: From 18/06/2017 to 22/10/2021
Duration: 8 days
Company: G Adventures
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 4382575
- What's Included
Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Grand Canyon Exclusive, Grand Canyon National Park Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Lowell Observatory Experience, Flagstaff Your G for Good Moment: Native Grill Food Truck Lunch
- All national park fees
- Zion National Park visit and guided hike
- Bryce Canyon National Park visit
- Antelope Canyon guided visit
- Horseshoe Bend hike
- Grand Canyon National Park visit
- Route 66 stop
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
7 breakfasts, 2 lunches
Hotels (7 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 15, Avg 12
Air-conditioned private vehicle, hiking, walking
Day 1 Las Vegas
There are no planned activities today until the evening welcome meeting, so check out the strip or get tickets to a show for this evening. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Las Vegas/Zion National Park (1B)
Depart early for Zion, Utah's oldest national park, and observe some of the most beautiful canyon country scenes in the United States. Catch the shuttle into the park with our CEO and hike to the Emerald Pools and hanging gardens. Included Activities: Zion National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (2.50-3.00 hours, 270km)
Day 3 Zion National Park (1B, 1L)
The canyon is narrow, and the river covers the bottom in many places, which means you will have to wade or swim to proceed. Prepare to get wet but the cool water makes this hike particularly pleasant during the hot summer months. During the cooler months, there are available gear rentals including Gore-Tex dry pants, canyon shoes, and neoprene socks. Hiking poles are available for rent year-round. Hiking is not permitted when the river is high from runoff or flash flooding. Runoff mostly occurs in April and early May. Late summer thunderstorms can occasionally produce flooding. If the hike is not possible due to weather, it will be replaced with another activity. Additional Notes: This is a moderate level hike of 4 to 5 hours, during which you are wading through water which could be ankle or waist deep, depending on local conditions. As well, the terrain is often rocky and uneven. We recommend bringing water shoes with a hiking tread. Should you choose to not do the hike, you can stay and relax at the lodge or discuss with your CEO other optional activities that may be available (at additional cost). Included Activities: Narrows Hike Transport: Private Vehicle
Day 4 Zion National Park/Page (1B)
This morning, hike through Bryce Canyon National Park, famed for its multi-coloured rock pinnacles called 'hoodoo'. Be sure to have your camera ready to snap shots of these spectacular, natural towers that cover the canyon floor. Continue on to Page, Arizona, home to Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend and the beautiful Lake Powell. Included Activities: Bryce Canyon National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (2.00 hour(s), 140km) Private Vehicle (3.00-3.50 hours, 250km)
Day 5 Page/Grand Canyon National Park (1B, 1L)
Marvel as the Grand Canyon unfolds before you but don't get too close. The land drops almost straight down for more than 1,000m (3,280 ft) into the serpentine canyons below! The gorge is filled with rocky buttes, sheer limestone cliffs, and deep canyons all arrayed in a rainbow of colors. Words defy. This is truly one of the most magnificent sights on earth. Included Activities: Antelope Canyon Tour Horseshoe Bend Hike Native Grill Food Truck Lunch Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours, 220km)
Day 6 Grand Canyon National Park (1B)
Spend the day exploring the Canyon with an expert from the Grand Canyon Conservancy Field Institute. Enjoy a walk along the South Rim discussing the unique geology and botany of the Canyon, as well as human history here. After, visit the Historic Village District viewing iconic park structures then continue down the Bright Angel Trail below the canyon rim and view two-thousand-year-old rock art and 250-million-year-old fossils. Also visit the historic Kolb Studio, home to photography pioneers Emery and Ellsworth Kolb, who shared with the world the first pictures of the epic Canyon. Additional Notes: Opt to pre-book a Grand Canyon Helicopter tour on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Included Activities: Grand Canyon Exclusive
Day 7 Grand Canyon National Park/Las Vegas (1B)
This morning, visit Lowell Observatory for a tour of the giant telescopes and to learn about the study of astronomy, as well as a lecture on Mars. Continue back to Las Vegas, but not before getting your kicks on Route 66 in Seligman, Arizona — the birthplace of this famed highway. Included Activities: Lowell Observatory Experience Seligman (Route 66) Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (2.00 hour(s), 150km) Private Vehicle (5.00-6.00 hours, 400km)
Day 8 Las Vegas (1B)
Want to spend more time in Sin City? Ask your GCO or Travel Agent about booking post-tour accommodation in the 'Entertainment Capital of the World'. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.