Southern Africa Encompassed
from $ 16,240* per person
When it comes to raw, in-your-face wildness, South Africa, Botswana, and Zimbabwe are incredible — and from the vantage of our rugged Lando, even more spectacular. Witness traditional dancing, explore the Okavango Delta with a wildlife walk and bush camping, track rhinos on foot in Zimbabwe’s Matobo National Park, and capture the "big five" (with your camera, of course) in South Africa’s Kruger National Park. Camping will keep you close to the incomparable scenery. This quick tour isn't simply a taste of Africa; it's a full-course meal — with seconds.
Travel Dates: From 03/01/2015 to 09/01/2021
Duration: 15 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your G for Good Moment: Lusumpuko Women's Club Lunch, Victoria Falls Your Discover Moment: Victoria Falls
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary Drive
- Okavango Delta overnight bush camping excursion
- Guided rhino walk and open vehicle safari drive in Matobo NP
- Kruger NP entrance with wildlife safari drives in the Lando
- Traditional dinner and local dancing
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 8 dinners
Simple hotels (2 nts), participation camping (11 nts), basic bush camp (1 nt)
Group Size Notes
Max 22, Avg 18
Lando (overland adventure vehicle), open safari vehicle, mokoro, walking
Day 1 Johannesburg
If you arrive a day or two early, we recommended booking an excursion to Soweto or the Apartheid Museum. Additional Notes: Please make sure you have all of the necessary visas for this tour by the time of the welcome meeting. It is very important to read the visa section in our trip details to make sure you have all visas you will need, if any. Please note that not all nationalities are able to obtain visas upon arrival at the border. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Johannesburg/Serowe (1B, 1L, 1D)
Today's travel takes us through a very desolate part of central-eastern Botswana. We cross into Botswana and finish the day at a campsite within the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, a unique community-based initiative in wildlife conservation. Included Activities: Border Crossing (South Africa - Botswana) Transport: Lando (4.50 hour(s), 400km) Lando (170km)
Day 3 Serowe/Maun (1B, 1L)
Enjoy a drive in Khama Rhino Sanctuary before heading to Maun. Opt to take a scenic flight over the delta. Additional Notes: Please note: if you have pre-booked the Okavango Delta Flight, today's likely the day for this activity! Your CEO will give you final confirmation when it will take place, as it is subject to change. Included Activities: Khama Rhino Sanctuary Drive Transport: Lando (6.00-7.00 hours, 524km)
Day 4 Maun/Okavango Delta (1B, 1L, 1D)
Begin an exciting 2-day/1-night excursion into the delta on a safari vehicle to the "dock" where we hop into a mokoro, a traditional dugout canoe, that will take us deep into the delta. After a couple of hours in a mokoro, we arrive at our basic bush camp. Additional Notes: Pack a small bag for this overnight excursion; we'll leave our big bags with the Lando. Please note that there are no showers or running water for toilets. Bring along 5 litres of water for both drinking and cleaning. Included Activities: Okavango Delta Excursion Transport: Safari vehicle (1.00 hour(s)) Mokoro (1.00-2.00 hours)
Day 5 Okavango Delta/Gweta (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy sunrise over the delta, then get up early to cruise back down the crystal clear channels of the Okavango Delta. We return to Maun with some time to freshen up before we continue our journey to Gweta. Additional Notes: Enjoy the towering baobab trees found around tonight's campsite and go for a dip in the pool if you need to cool off. Transport: Mokoro (1.00-2.00 hours) Safari vehicle (1.00 hour(s)) Lando (4.00 hour(s), 240km)
Day 6 Gweta/Kasane (1B, 1L)
Today we journey to Chobe National Park, home to the largest elephant population in southern Africa. The best way to appreciate one of Botswana's national parks and its thousands of resident elephants, crocodiles, and hippos is on an optional sunset boat cruise on the Chobe River. You can pre-book this on the checkout page, or through your Global Connection Officer or travel agent. You may also choose to embark on a open vehicle safari drive in search of lions, antelope, and, of course, elephants. Additional Notes: If you have pre-booked the Chobe River Sunset Cruise, you will be cruising this evening. Transport: Lando (6.00 hour(s), 420km)
Day 7 Kasane/Victoria Falls (1B, 1L)
Cross the border into Zimbabwe, then continue on to the town of Victoria Falls. Opt to get up close (and wet from the spray) to the awesome Victoria Falls, or bungee jump (with Victoria Falls in sight). Additional Notes: Your accommodation is in Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and NOT Livingstone (Zambia). Please make sure you have the necessary visa. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Botswana - Zimbabwe) Lusumpuko Women's Club Lunch Transport: Lando (0.75 hour(s), 20km) Lando (1.50-2.00 hours, 65km)
Day 8 Victoria Falls
The town of Victoria Falls is a great base to see both natural wonders and take part in some exciting activities. Get up close (and wet from the spray) while awing at the immense Victoria Falls, raft the whitewater of the mighty Zambezi, and for the more adventurous, bungee jump with Victoria Falls in view. Today, new travellers may join you for the rest of your adventure. You are welcome to join them at a group meeting this evening, followed by an optional dinner. Additional Notes: Want to do more with your tour? Pre-book any two of the following activities: Zambezi Whitewater Rafting, Victoria Falls Helicopter Ride, or the Zambezi River Sunset Cruise. You can pre-book on the checkout page, or through your Global Connection Officer or travel agent. Any optional activities listed on this day can also be booked upon arrival in Victoria Falls. Included Activities: Optional Welcome Meeting for Travellers on Combos
Day 9 Victoria Falls/Matobo National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Rise early to start the long but scenic drive to Matobo National Park. Transport: Lando (6.00 hour(s), 475km)
Day 10 Matobo National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Walk with rhinos and enjoy an open vehicle wildlife safari drive in Matobo National Park. Included Activities: Guided Rhino Walk Open Vehicle Wildlife Safari Drive
Day 11 Matobo National Park/Tshipise (1B, 1L, 1D)
Cross the border into South Africa, and relax in the warm water mineral pool at our campsite. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Zimbabwe - South Africa) Transport: Lando (7.00 hour(s), 600km)
Day 12 Tshipise/Kruger National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Welcome to wildlife country! The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Search for lions, elephants, rhinos, and many other animals in one of Africa’s greatest wildlife areas on a full-day wildlife safari drive. Included Activities: Kruger Wildlife Safari Drive Transport: Lando (6.00 hour(s))
Day 13 Kruger National Park/Greater Kruger Area (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy a traditional dinner and local dancing in the evening. Included Activities: Kruger Wildlife Safari Drive Traditional Dinner and Local Dancing Transport: Lando (7.00 hour(s), 200km)
Day 14 Greater Kruger Area/Johannesburg (1B, 1L)
Continue to Johannesburg, the economic heart of South Africa and the largest city in the country. Transport: Lando (8.00 hour(s), 407km)
Day 15 Johannesburg (1B)
Depart at any time.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.