South Africa & Swazi Quest
from $ 17,901* per person
The unvarnished grandeur of South Africa is on display in this comprehensive exploration of one of the continent’s most diverse and fascinating destinations. Africa’s incredible culture and wildlife are at a premium on this tour — from the coastal shores of Tsitsikamma to extensive wildlife safari drives in Addo Elephant National Park and the famed Kruger. You’ll also have the chance to visit a traditional Swazi village, explore modern Cape Town, and follow the glorious Garden Route. Add in knowledgeable Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) and some of the best camp meals you’ve ever tasted and you’ve got a recipe for adventure par excellence.
Travel Dates: From 10/01/2015 to 02/03/2021
Duration: 17 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Traditional Durban Bunny Chow, Durban
- Park entrances to Addo Elephant NP & Kruger NP with wildlife safari drives in our vehicle
- Traditional dinner and local dancing
- Tsitsikamma National Park entrance
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
16 breakfasts, 15 lunches, 14 dinners
Simple hotel (1 nt), participation camping (13 nts), hostel (2 nts, multi-share)
Group Size Notes
Max 22, avg 14
Day 1 Johannesburg
Arrive in Johannesburg at any time and make your way to the joining point hotel. Additional Notes: Please make sure you have all of the necessary visas for this tour by the time of the welcome meeting. It is very important to read the visa section in our trip details to make sure which visas you will need, if any. Please note that not all nationalities are able to obtain a visa on arrival at the border. Our starting hotel is located outside of the city of Johannesburg, but take some time to enjoy an excursion to Soweto or to the famous Apartheid Museum. Included Activities: Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area (1B, 1L, 1D)
Drive through scenic mountains, and experience a traditional dinner and local dancing in the evening. Included Activities: Traditional Dinner and Local Dancing Transport: Private Vehicle (8.00 hour(s))
Day 3 Kruger National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy a wildlife safari drive in Kruger and watch wildlife from the comfort of the touring vehicle. Included Activities: Kruger Wildlife Safari Drive
Day 4 Greater Kruger Area/Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary (1B, 1L, 1D)
Cross the border from South Africa to Swaziland. Visit the Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary. Included Activities: Border Crossing (South Africa - Swaziland) Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (8.00-9.00 hours, 300km)
Day 5 Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary (1B, 1L, 1D)
Explore Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, which is situated in the Swaziland’s “Valley of Heaven”, the Ezulwini Valley. Take advantage of free time to go horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, or wildlife viewing. Included Activities: Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary Visit
Day 6 Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary/Saint Lucia (1B, 1L, 1D)
Stay in the St Lucia area near the coast. Here, take an optional boat trip on the estuary or go for a horse ride on the beach. The Greater St Lucia Wetland Park stands as a beacon to the efforts for conservation in South Africa. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Swaziland - South Africa) Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 277km)
Day 7 Saint Lucia (1B, 1L, 1D)
Get out and explore. Opt to visit the Hluhluwe - iMfolozi Park, which is a safe haven for both the white and black rhino. Lions, buffalo, elephants, and leopards also call this reserve home.
Day 8 Saint Lucia/Durban (1B, 1L, 1D)
Spend most of the day travelling the coast to Durban. Explore the beach and dive into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean just out the front door of our guest house. Included Activities: Traditional Durban Bunny Chow Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 275km)
Day 9 Durban/Chintsa (1B, 1L, 1D)
South of Durban, travel to the Eastern Cape province, into the heartland of the Xhosa people, and on to Chintsa. Transport: Private Vehicle (10.00-11.00 hours, 690km)
Day 10 Chintsa (1B, 1L, 1D)
There is lots to do around Chintsa. Learn how to surf, take a horseback ride, hike, or enjoy the beautiful 15km (9.3 mi) beach. Opt to join a guided wildlife safari drive, enjoy an elephant encounter, or quad bike through the 4000 hectare wildlife reserve. Embrace your adventurous side and cycle or jump on the bus to Mama Tofu’s Xhosa village for an inspiring cultural experience. Visit the local craft brewery Emerald Vale to taste real home-brewed ale.
Day 11 Chintsa/Addo Elephant National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Today, cross many unique valleys and continue on to the Addo Elephant National Park, a unique wildlife area. Enjoy a wildlife safari drive in our touring vehicle. Listen to the wild sounds of Africa while enjoying a sundowner (cheers!) and sitting around the campfire at night. Included Activities: Addo Elephant National Park Wildlife Safari Drive Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00 hour(s), 280km)
Day 12 Addo Elephant National Park/Tsitsikamma (1B, 1L, 1D)
Spend the next two nights camping in the Tsitsikamma area. Optional activities include hiking a portion of the Otter Trail or other short hiking trails along the coastline. Included Activities: Tsitsikamma National Park Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00 hour(s), 235km)
Day 13 Tsitsikamma National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Spend the day at Tsitsikamma National Park. Opt to hike, snorkel, canoe, whale watch, or bungee jump. Included Activities: Tsitsikamma National Park Visit
Day 14 Tsitsikamma/Knysna (1B, 1L, 1D)
Travel further west to the town of Knysna, famous for the Knysna Lagoon and the "Heads" (sea cliffs). Opt to visit a cheetah sanctuary or a monkey park en route to Knysna. Transport: Private Vehicle (1.50 hour(s), 100km)
Day 15 Knysna/Oudtshoorn (1B, 1L, 1D)
From Knysna, take a scenic drive to travel over the Outeniqua Mountains into the area known as Klein Karoo (“Little Karoo”), and make the quiet town of Oudtshoorn our base. Opt to explore the Cango caves or visit an ostrich farm. Included Activities: Knysna Heads Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 220km)
Day 16 Oudtshoorn/Cape Town (1B, 1L)
Travel to beautiful Cape Town. Enjoy amazing views of Table Mountain, and explore the vibrant, cosmopolitan city at night. Transport: Private Vehicle (8.00 hour(s), 450km)
Day 17 Cape Town (1B)
We highly recommend booking an extra night in Cape Town to explore all that this area has to offer. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.