Kruger & Swazi Overland
from $ 7,894* per person
In Africa, the cultural exchange rate is always favourable. This eye-opening journey into South Africa and Swaziland promises ample face time with the region’s famed wildlife and life-changing contact with the people who make this land their home. Here, you’ll marvel at hippos in their natural habitat and dine on local favourites and amazing camp meals. And with a reliable and knowledgeable Chief Experience Officer (CEO) on hand at all times, your comfort zone will expand by miles.
Travel Dates: From 17/01/2016 to 07/01/2021
Duration: 9 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Traditional Durban Bunny Chow, Durban
- Kruger NP entrance and wildlife safari drive in our vehicle
- Traditional dinner and local dancing
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
Simple hotel (1 nt), participation camping (6 nts), hostel (1 nt, multi-share)
Group Size Notes
Max 22, avg 14
Day 1 Johannesburg
Arrive in Johannesburg at any time and make your way to the joining point hotel. Additional Notes: Please make sure you have all of the necessary visas for this tour by the time of the welcome meeting. It is very important to read the visa section in our trip details to make sure which visas you will need, if any. Please note that not all nationalities are able to obtain a visa on arrival at the border. Our starting hotel is located outside of the city of Johannesburg, but take some time to enjoy an excursion to Soweto or to the famous Apartheid Museum. Included Activities: Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area (1B, 1L, 1D)
Drive through scenic mountains, and experience a traditional dinner and local dancing in the evening. Included Activities: Traditional Dinner and Local Dancing Transport: Private Vehicle (8.00 hour(s))
Day 3 Kruger National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy a wildlife safari drive in Kruger and watch wildlife from the comfort of the touring vehicle. Included Activities: Kruger Wildlife Safari Drive
Day 4 Greater Kruger Area/Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary (1B, 1L, 1D)
Cross the border from South Africa to Swaziland. Visit the Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary. Included Activities: Border Crossing (South Africa - Swaziland) Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (8.00-9.00 hours, 300km)
Day 5 Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary (1B, 1L, 1D)
Explore Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, which is situated in the Swaziland’s “Valley of Heaven”, the Ezulwini Valley. Take advantage of free time to go horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, or wildlife viewing. Included Activities: Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary Visit
Day 6 Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary/Saint Lucia (1B, 1L, 1D)
Stay in the St Lucia area near the coast. Here, take an optional boat trip on the estuary or go for a horse ride on the beach. The Greater St Lucia Wetland Park stands as a beacon to the efforts for conservation in South Africa. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Swaziland - South Africa) Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 277km)
Day 7 Saint Lucia (1B, 1L, 1D)
Get out and explore. Opt to visit the Hluhluwe - iMfolozi Park, which is a safe haven for both the white and black rhino. Lions, buffalo, elephants, and leopards also call this reserve home.
Day 8 Saint Lucia/Durban (1B, 1L, 1D)
Spend most of the day travelling the coast to Durban. Explore the beach and dive into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean just out the front door of our guest house. Additional Notes: This tour is part of a longer tour that combines multiple tours. Some travellers may continue travelling together after this final evening. Included Activities: Traditional Durban Bunny Chow Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 275km)
Day 9 Durban (1B)
Depart at any time. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.