ANZAC Day Memorial Tour
from $ 2,332* per person
With symbolic links to the dawn landing at Gallipoli, stand in the morning breeze and pay respect to the fallen on ANZAC Day at a dawn vigil. This special three-day trip includes a private bus along the Dardanelles, from Istanbul to the memorial site commemorating the common sacrifice for all of the nations involved. This moving tour will also include visits to other important sites such as Lone Pine, Chunuk Bair, and the war cemeteries, making this visit to Turkey a unique and beautiful experience.
Travel Dates: From 23/04/2014 to 23/04/2020
Duration: 3 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Gallipoli battlefields and sites tour
- Troy visit
- ANZAC Day dawn service
- Country-specific memorial services
- Sleeping bag use
Hotel (2 nts), sleeping bags for the ceremony
Group Size Notes
Max 15, avg 12
Private bus, walking
Day 1 Istanbul/Çanakkale
Meet the group in the reception area of the Istanbul meeting point hotel at 7:45am. The Chief Experience Officer (CEO) and fellow group members will be waiting. Depart at 8am sharp to get started with the busy day ahead. Travel to Gallipoli (Çanakkale) by private vehicle, stopping en route for a quick local lunch. Visit ANZAC Cove, Lone Pine, the war cemeteries, and many other important sites. There will also be time for individuals to visit relatives' grave sites. This is the only day with access to these sights. After the tour, continue on to Çanakkale for the night. Additional Notes: We can help book pre-tour accommodation the night before the tour starts at the time of booking. It is advisable to locate the meeting point hotel the night before the tour begins (if you aren't already staying there). Included Activities: Gallipoli Battlefields Guided Tour Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00-6.00 hours)
Day 2 Çanakkale/Troy (1B)
Enjoy a guided tour of Troy and learn more about the ancient fables surrounding this legendary city. Spend some free time exploring Çanakkale in the afternoon. Have dinner in Çanakkale then travel to the ceremonial area near ANZAC cove for the night. There will be grandstands set up and visitors camp out overnight to reserve a spot. Spend the evening tucked into sleeping bags in the grandstands at the ceremonial site in readiness for the dawn service. Additional Notes: The evening may be very cold— please come prepared with appropriate shoes and clothing. We will provide sleeping bags but it is recommended that you bring a personal sleep sheet to place inside. Included Activities: Troy Visit ANZAC Cove Overnight Transport: Private Vehicle (0.75 hour(s))
Day 3 Anzac Cove/Istanbul (1B)
Attend the unforgettable dawn service commemorating the Battle of Gallipoli and ANZAC Day. After the service, walk 5km (3.1 mi) to the Australian cemetery at Lone Pine, before continuing a further 2km (1.24 mi) uphill to Chunuk Bair for the New Zealand ceremony, which will end at approx. 1:30. After a quick lunch, drive back to Istanbul where the tour ends on arrival. Please note that our arrival to Istanbul is in the late evening. We are able to arrange post-tour accommodation if you'd like to extend your stay. Please ask at the time of booking. Additional Notes: Note that the 7km (4.4 mi) to Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair are uphill and the temperatures are warm at this time of year. Extra bottled water is suggested. Included Activities: ANZAC Day Dawn Service Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00-5.00 hours)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.