Greece Family Holiday
from $ 17,394* per person
The sun-drenched vistas of Greece are sure to capture the imagination of the whole family on this eight-day adventure from Athens to Corfu. History has never been as scenic as you marvel at the ruins of the Acropolis and Delphi, and swimming has never been as refreshing as a dip in the clear waters of the Mediterranean coast. With time to explore the cobbled lanes, charming towns and local markets as a family, as well as tasting your way around the best of Greek cuisine, your gang will love nothing more than gallivanting around this slice of ancient Aegean paradise.
Travel Dates: From 04/07/2020 to 26/09/2020
Duration: 8 days
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 5301055
- Greece is a dream destination for travellers of any age
- See ancient structural wonders against the backdrop of the glittering Mediterranean and beside the evergreen countryside
Get your head out of the history books and into the real thing, with visits to the Acropolis in Athens and historic Delphi
- Your expert local guides will have your family learning all about Greece’s intriguing past
Explore Lefkada as you wish, perhaps lazing by the beach or chasing waterfalls, then come together for a hands-on cooking class, making some of Greece’s most delicious dishes!
Get your family set on island time with a laidback stay on Corfu
- Take in the monastery of Paleokastritsa, visit a local donkey rescue centre or relax by the beach – it’s up to you
The best thing about travelling with other families is that everyone has a friend
- While your kids play together on the beachside in Corfu, you could sample some of the local tipple at a beachside bar
Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 1
Dinners Included: 2
Hotels (7 nights)
Age: min 5
Group Size: 2 - 16
Athens - Guided tour of Acropolis Archaeological Site Visit
Athens - Acropolis Museum
Delphi - Guided tour of Delphi Archaeological Site
Galaxidi - Walking tour
Lefkada - Cooking class
Corfu - Day trip
Day 1: Athens
Kalimera! Welcome to Athens. Named after the goddess of wisdom, the birthplace of Western civilisation has an amazing array of historic sites to explore. There's so much to be seen in the Greece’s capital – vibrant and refreshed following the 2004 Olympics yet still retaining so much visible history. It’s the best of the old and the new. Your adventure officially kicks off with a group meeting at 6 pm Then, get your first taste of Greek cuisine at a welcome dinner where you can get to know all the families joining you for this Grecian odyssey.
Day 2: Athens
Start the day with a walking tour of Athens, including a visit to the Acropolis – one of the western world's most important historical structures. Seeing the crumbling columns against a (likely) clear blue sky is a postcard-perfect moment. Trek to the top of this sacred rock via the towering gateway known as the Propylaia. Once inside, encounter the Parthenon – the greatest Doric temple in the ancient world. Then, head to the Acropolis Museum, which was built to house every artefact found on the rock and surrounding slopes. Your afternoon is free for you to further explore the rest of this great city at you and your kid’s own pace – did someone say souvlakis?
Day 3: Delphi
Leave Athens in the rear-view mirror and head into the slopes of Mt Parnassos. A 2.5-hour public bus ride will deliver you to Delphi – a modern city with ancient ruins situated among valleys of cypress and olive trees. The ancient Greeks regarded Delphi as the centre of the world and today it’s home to one of the country's most incredible archaeological sites. There’s no time to waste, so as soon as you’re off the bus, make tracks for Delphi’s ancient city. Clamber over hills and ruins and see the monuments, temples, a theatre, and the impressive reconstructed Athenian Treasury. You’ll also see a mountain-top stadium that was used for the Pythian Games (an Olympic Games precursor), held every four years as early as 586 BC. Even today, it’s easy to imagine the stone seating holding cheering crowds. After a full-on day, perhaps relax this evening or seek out a nice family-style taverna for dinner.
Day 4: Lefkadas
There’s a long travel day ahead, and while the drive will be broken up with a swim stop, it’s a good idea to have some books or car games handy to pass the time. After 45 minutes on the road, stop in the adorable port town of Galaxidi for a swim, some lunch and maybe a poke around the flea market, depending on time. Continue for another 3.5 hours and cross the causeway to the island of Lefkada, which features vistas of vertical cliffs and beaches with sparkling aquamarine waters. After a long day of travel, a quiet evening is on the cards. As with all the Ionian islands (and most of Greece), the seafood in Lefkada is fantastic. If you want to try a local delicacy, perhaps try and find restaurant serving up baked eel, if you’re game!
Day 5: Lefkadas
Today is free for you and your family to explore some more or just relax. Maybe head to the beach or check out the local waterfalls. The high mountains that abound in Lefkada are the sources for many a waterfall that cascade through the mountainous terrain and finally end up into the sea. One such gorgeous sight is Dimossari that can be found on the outskirts of Nydri. Keep in mind that tonight you will experience a hands-on lesson in making some of Greece's favourite dishes! Enjoy a cooking demonstration and eat the fruits of your labour for dinner.
Day 6: Corfu
Make tracks for a more well-known island today – Corfu. Travel by private minivan to Igoumenitsa, then board a ferry to Corfu (about 4 hours). Built on a promontory, the town displays unique architecture influenced by Sicilian, Venetian, French and English styles. Corfu Town has kept many of its buildings, elegant mansions, superb palaces, French-style flowered squares and beautiful fortresses, making it a dream to explore on foot. Your accommodation is located in a village called Perama. Upon arrival, settle into your hotel and then head back into Corfu for an orientation tour and to visit the Old Town’s ancient fortifications. In the evening, perhaps fortify yourself with a local tipple. There are a few worth sampling, including a non-alcoholic ginger beer and kumquat liqueur.
Day 7: Corfu
Spend the morning on a Corfu island tour including Paleokastritsa beaches and monastery, visit to a Donkey Rescue Center, finishing with visit to Kassiopi village with lunch in traditional taverna. On a hill above the beach of Paleokastritsa, there is a large monastery complex dedicated to the Panagia (Virgin Mary) of Paleokastritsa. This monastery dominates the whole region. Built on top of a remote hill, it gives gorgeous views of the island and the sea. Kassiopi has the magnificent backdrop of Mount Pantokrator and hills covered with olive groves, vines and citrus plantations. Return to the hotel in the afternoon and perhaps head out for a meal with your large travelling family.
Day 8: Corfu
There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at any time, provided you comply with the hotel’s check-out times.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.