Salkantay Trek & Machu Picchu
from $ 4,501* per person
Salkantay has been dubbed the most spectacular peak in the Peruvian Andes. On this trip, you’ll trek in the shadows of this impressive mountain, interact with its inhabitants, and explore its forgotten ruins. Catch the train to Aguas Calientes for an early-morning visit to Machu Picchu.
Travel Dates: From 12/03/2017 to 27/12/2020
Duration: 5 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Trek on the Salkantay route to Machu Picchu with a local guide, cooks, and porters (3 days)
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Hotels (2 nts), camping (2 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, Avg 6
Private van, hiking, train
Day 1 Cusco
Arrive Cusco at any time. There are no planned activities so check into the hotel and enjoy the city. Our best advice for exploring Cusco is to wear a comfortable pair of shoes, arm yourself with a city map, and set off to explore! Meet the group at the welcome meeting, check for the start time on the welcome note at the hotel. Additional Notes: We highly recommended arriving at least one day prior to the tour in order to acclimatize to the altitude prior to the trek. A full day spent in Cusco (3249m), taking it easy and drinking plenty of water, is usually enough time for most people to acclimatize. Please note that hot water shortages and power outages can be fairly common in Peru (even in upgraded hotels and private homes). We appreciate your patience and understanding that these occurrences are outside of our control. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting with G Representative
Day 2 Cusco/Salkantay Trek (1B, 1L, 1D)
Depart Cusco and transfer to the start of the trail to begin the Salkantay Trek. Stunning views and Inca ruins fill the days as you hike with views of the striking snow-capped mountains of Vilcabamba mountain range. Traverse high passes the highest point reaching 4,600m (15,092 ft) before descending into valleys nestled in the mountains. Spend the nights camping under the stars. Enjoy the spectacular mountain scenery and breathtaking views as the trek descends from the heights of the Andes to the lush subtropics surrounding Machu Picchu. Included Activities: Salkantay Trek - Day 1 Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products Transport: Private Vehicle (3.50 hour(s))
Day 3 Salkantay Trek (1B, 1L, 1D)
Continue the trek downhill, passing through the town of Collpabamba on the way to Chaullay. Hike along the Sahuayaco River through lush cloud forest to your campsite for the evening, Playa Sahuayaco. Included Activities: Salkantay Trek - Day 2
Day 4 Salkantay Trek (1B, 1L)
Hike to the Inca site Llactapata, where you can catch your first glimpse of Machu Picchu. Catch the train in the afternoon to Aguas Calientes. Included Activities: Llactapata Hike
Day 5 Machu Picchu/Cusco (1B)
Enjoy a guided tour of Machu Picchu. Optional visit to the Inca Bridge and return to Cusco in the evening where the tour ends upon arrival. Additional Notes: Please note the tour ends upon arrival in the main square and does not include a post night in Cusco. If you wish to book a post night please contact a GCO or your agent for assistance. Included Activities: Machu Picchu Guided Tour Transport: Local bus (0.25 hour(s)) Local bus (0.25 hour(s)) Train (2.00-3.00 hours, 118km) Private Vehicle (2.00-2.50 hours, 95km)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.