Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Express
from $ 4,696* per person
This shorter trek is perfect if you’re looking for an adventure that’s as challenging as it is rewarding. Explore the ruins of Choquequirao, the lost city that’s even more remote than nearby Machu Picchu, but you'll see that too. Because of its difficult-to-reach location, the site sees relatively few visitors. This means you'll get to experience Incan history in near-solitude, surrounded by nothing but ancient architecture and spanning forests. Spectacular views of the Andes are all along the trek to Choquequirao, a journey filled with lush wilderness, breathtaking vistas, and a visit to Machu Picchu.
Travel Dates: From 01/01/2018 to 02/11/2020
Duration: 6 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Trek to Choquequirao with local guide, cooks, and porters (4 days)
- 2 guided tours of Choquequirao archaeological site
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Hotels (2 nts), camping (3 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, Avg 8
Private van, train, and hiking
Day 1 Cusco
Arrive early and spend some time exploring the city. Meet the group at the welcome meeting, check for the start time on the welcome note at the hotel. Additional Notes: Please note that hot water shortages and power outages can be fairly common in Peru (even in upgraded hotels and private homes). We appreciate your patience and understanding that these occurrences are outside of our control. Pre nights are recommended in order to acclimatize to the altitude and take advantage of the optional activities on offer in Cusco. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting with G Representative
Day 2 Cusco/Choquequirao Trek (1B, 1L, 1D)
The lost city of Choquequirao was discovered hundreds of years ago, but it still feels as though you may be the first to discover it. Encroaching jungle still covers some of the stonework as only roughly 40 percent of these ruins have been excavated. The trek to this remote Incan city although challenging, is well worth the effort. Winding trails take you through the Apurimac River canyon with circling condors up above and views of the snow-capped Salkantay mountains making a breathtaking backdrop. Take plenty of time to explore and soak it in for yourself with two included visits to Choquequirao. Included Activities: Choquequirao Trek - Day 1 Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00 hour(s))
Day 3 Choquequirao Trek (1B, 1L, 1D)
Continue trekking through the Apurimac River canyon on the way to Choquequirao. Spot condors as you make your way up into the cloud forest, where you'll camp for the night. In the afternoon, take a guided tour of the ruins and marvel at your historical surroundings. Included Activities: Choquequirao Trek - Day 2 Choquequirao Main Square Guided Tour
Day 4 Choquequirao Trek (1B, 1L, 1D)
Explore the ancient ruins of Choquequirao further on your morning guided tour. Comparable only to Machu Picchu in its beauty, grandeur, and architectural accomplishment. Enjoy lunch near Choquequirao before the hike down to San Ignacio, the camp for the night. Included Activities: Choquequirao Guided Tour Choquequirao Trek - Day 3
Day 5 Choquequirao Trek/Aguas Calientes (1B, 1L)
Leave early in the morning to make the way to Villa Carmen. Enjoy lunch before transferring to Ollantaytambo to catch the train to Aguas Calientes. Included Activities: Choquequirao Trek - Day 4 Transport: Private Vehicle Train (1.50 hour(s))
Day 6 Machu Picchu/Cusco (1B)
Wake up early to visit the breathtaking Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the site and free time to explore until noon as permitted by the tourist ticket. Opt to visit the Inca Bridge, if time allows before taking the train back to Cusco in the afternoon where the trip will end upon arrival. Additional Notes: Please note, a hotel night is not included in Cusco we highly recommend booking a hotel night in order to take advantage of the city. Included Activities: Machu Picchu Guided Tour Transport: Train (2.00-3.00 hours, 118km) Private Vehicle (2.00-2.50 hours, 95km)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.