Santiago Experience - Independent
Santiago de Chile is the heart of this fascinating and varied country. Founded in 1541 by Pedro de Valdivia, it has grown to be a metropolis of 4.6 million people that reflects ethnic diversity and combines modern structures with grand Spanish colonial buildings that hark back to a bygone era. Apart from visiting palaces, churches and museums (and a local vineyard), a trip up to the statue of the Virgin Mary on Cerro San Cristobal offers spectacular views over the city. Independent Experiences Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short ‘mini tours’ that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-3 travellers, come accompanied by a local Peregrine guide and depart daily. /experiences
Travel Dates: From 19/09/2019 to 02/01/2021
Duration: 3 days
- Explore the vibrant Chilean capital with the spectacular backdrop of the Andes
Enjoy the panoramic view from the Cerro San Cristobal, looking across the Mapocho River to the entire city
See the palace guards at La Moneda Palace, the scene of dramatic events in Chile's history and still today the presidential palace
Visit a nearby winery and sample some of Chile's world famous wines
Breakfasts Included: 2
Group Size: 1 - 4
Complimentary arrival transfer
Complimentary departure transfer
Santiago walking tour + winery visit
On arrival at Santiago's Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel in the city. Please look for your transfer guide at the airport - they will be holding a sign with your name on it. Once you have checked into the hotel the remainder of your first day will be free until your welcome briefing at 6pm.
This morning you will be picked up from your hotel at approximately 9am. With a local guide, you will take a walking tour of Santiago and witness some of its most spectacular sights. Founded in 1541 by the Spaniard, Pedro de Valdivia, Santiago has experienced a turbulent history that has included native wars, floods and earthquakes. Your walking tour will visit many outstanding attractions in the city centre. You stop at the Plaza de Armas and have a look at the cathedal before heading across to La Moneda Palace - the presidential palace and the place where significant events in Chile's history took place. You then head through the main avenues of old Santiago, across the Bohemian neighbourhood of Bellavista and up the San Cristobal Hill for a magnificent panoramic view of the city and the Andes mountain range. Then you’ll visit the modern parts of Santiago to see elegant residential neighbourhoods, and shopping and financial districts. The tour ends at the artisan village of ‘Los Graneros Del Alba’, where the craftsmen can be seen at work. Here, you have time to walk around or do some shopping. You then head out of town to the Concha y Toro vineyard, located in Pirque in the Maipo Canyon. This winery, founded in 1883, is one of Chile’s most famous. The cellars, built with materials dating back to the 18th century, are situated six metres underground to maintain the ideal temperature needed for fine wines. You will stroll around this beautiful estate before moving to the cellars where some of the different stages involved in the local winemaking process are explained. And finally, you’ll have the opportunity to taste some of the wines that have made this winery so famous. You then return to Santiago for the night, where you will have a chance to go out and dine at one of city's famous restaurants (optional).
Your Independent Experience will come to an end today after breakfast. You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight. Please ensure we are advised of your flight details booking your Santiago Experience.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.