North by North East
Take in the fast paced life of Boston, experience the charm, culture and sophistication of Quebec, Montreal and Toronto, get exhilarated by watching Niagara Falls until you finally head back to the US where you'll see why 'Cleveland Rocks'. Hold on to your hats as we enter the 'Windy City' of Chicago.
Travel Dates: From 07/05/2021 to 22/09/2021
Duration: 13 days
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 11146450
Walk the historic Freedom TrailScenic drive through Maine's wildernessCross the Canadian Border/Arrive in QuebecExplore the only walled city in North AmericaStroll the streets on a walking tourFeel the spray as you cruise to the base of the incredible Niagara FallsCiao Bella! Go local at a pizza dinner in Chicago
We always provide comfortable accommodation in a relaxed atmosphere - think comfy, centrally located hotels and the best crew to travel with
- We'll get 12 of your meals and you get the rest
- You can refuel over breakfast and grab some authentic North American dinners from us but you'll also get an opportunity to sample some of the best gourmet fare, both in Canada and the US
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life
- An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps
- Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past
- This is your team
- Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do
Achingly cool Boston is a delectable mix of history, hipsters and – thanks to the world-famous Red Sox - baseball. Spend the afternoon with your Trip Manager getting acquainted with the city’s core spots and distinct Irish flavour, then come night get friendly with the team over an included dinner and boogy round town.
Boston is steeped in history, so weave your way through the 18th century today on the Freedom Trail. This red-brick path winds past a plethora of sites integral to the revolution, and is guaranteed to inspire your inner rebel. Visit Harvard University (yes, the very same) and get a tour with one of the students. This hilarious look at student life will bring out the LOLs. Take well-deserved coffee breaks at groovy cafes, have a snooze in one of the nine parks that comprise the city’s “Emerald Necklace” and reward yourself with a mouthwatering seafood feast.
With the luck of the Irish, we pack our bags without leaving anything behind and make for Quebec via the wilds of Maine. Whizzing by jaw-dropping scenery and spotting the occasional moose out the window is sure to give you a second wind before we cross the border to Canada.Quebec’s capital – Canada's Paris – is the only walled city in North America, and once you cop an eyeful of its beauty, you’ll see why they wanted to lock it away. We’ll pull in late today, and tonight you're welcome to take a traipse through town and sample the local watering holes.
With its cobbled streets and ancient stone houses, Quebec City’s UNESCO World-Heritage-listed old town is an open-air museum. After a history lesson with a Local Guide, get out and explore more of what the region has to offer: its vibrant art scene, Parisian-style eateries and quaint river boardwalk. If your tastebuds are feeling adventurous, try munching on duckling with maple syrup – a local delicacy. What else? You could check out the Chateau Frontenac - this red brick building built in 1983 is a landmark the city is definetely proud of. Champagne anyone? The city also boasts some pretty cool nightlife, so lets get out there and boozie, French style.
Bid Quebec au revoir as we head towards the jazzy island city of Montreal. Pretty scenic views, yes yes yes, we're talking panoramic. Camera at the ready.Together, we’ll take a spin around Montreal’s Old Port and quays before driving up to Mt Royal, which offers sensational views of the city that will leave your head reeling. Back on sea level, we’ll familiarise ourselves with a few signature sites. If you’re hungering for an adrenaline rush this afternoon, jump in a jet boat and get wet in the rapids of the St Lawrence River, or perhaps just take a wander around time trying out your best high school French.
Today is all yours - soak up as much of Montreal’s creative juices and infectious joie de vivre as you can take. Add some cutting-edge threads to your wardrobe at The Main, munch your way through various countries at Jean-Talon market and dance the night away at a jazz bar downtown or in the Latin Quarter. It would be rude not to grab a serving of poutine on the way home, wouldn’t it?
Still bopping along to the sax from the night before, we bid farewell Montreal.These 1000 islands are as pretty as a picture and a great way to relax and take in the views before we hit the city. On our stop, you'll have chance to board a boat and float your way along the water for an hour of bliss. These islands are dotted with historic buildings and castles. Back on land we make our way further into Canadian territory, with Toronto in our sights.Welcome to Toronto, the largest city in Canada. Your Trip Manager will fill you in on the hot spots of this fabulous city soon after we arrive, and will then give you the afternoon off to find your niche in its cosmopolitan melting pot.
Toronto is another one of Canada's mulit-cultural hotspots. Maybe catch a baseball game, Head to the of the CN Tower, visit Gallery 44 or Toronto Park for people watching. Tonight, feel the global vibe of this city's nightlife.
This is the big one. Today we'll get to feel the rush of one of the world’s most majestic natural spectacles, as we experience the thundering force of Niagara Falls up close and personal. Our jaws will drop at the cascading waters and icy mists, before settling into our overnight stay in Niagara.
We leave the falls of Niagara behind for the city that lays claim to being the home of Motown music, Detroit. Named one of the coolest unassuming cities in the USA, Detroit has amazing music history not to mention the famous Sicilian-style square pizza. The perfect antidote to all that poutine!
A short drive across Michigan and around its famous lake takes us to the Windy City - Chicago. In a city characterised by deep dish pizza, innovative architecture & American sports we'll hit all the big sights and dig into some of that pizza pie for the next 2 days.
Head to Navy Pier for great city views, bike around town for a street level perspective, jump on an architectural cruise to further understand the city’s skyline, scoff down a Chicago style street hot dog or even see the White Sox or the Cubs play in a huge stadium game. You can't leave Chi -town with sampling their famous deep-dish pizza - come hungry!What. A. Day.
It’s time to say goodbye to your new friends in the Windy City. Swap social deets and hug it out, no doubt with plans for a reunion somewhere exotic already well and truly underway.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 March 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.