Cape Town, Kruger & Zimbabwe
from $ 18,283* per person
Southern Africa is so packed full of diverse highlights that we’re taking two weeks to explore a few of them in depth. Wildlife is the region's calling card and there will be plenty of chances to spot the "big five" in Kruger, Hwange, and Matobo national parks. Aside from animals, there’ll be many occasions to experience the unique regional cultures of Soweto, the Lowveld, and Victoria Falls. Come away with an even deeper understanding of what makes this part of the world truly special.
Destination: Cape Town
Travel Dates: From 18/01/2016 to 04/01/2021
Duration: 13 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Cape Town orientation walk
- Soweto township tour
- Panorama Route drive
- Kruger National Park wildlife safari drive in our vehicle (half-day)
- Traditional dance experience
- Kruger transfer in our vehicle (full-day)
- Great Zimbabwe National Monument visit
- Rhino walk (Matobo National Park)
- Victoria Falls visit
- Border-crossing support
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
12 breakfasts, 4 dinners
Hotels/guesthouses (7 nts), lodges (4 nts), adventure tents (1 nt)
Group Size Notes
Max 18, avg 14
Plane, private van, safari vehicles, walking
Day 1 Cape Town
There are no planned activities until an evening welcome meeting. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Cape Town (1B)
Enjoy a full day in Cape Town with the option to visit Table Mountain, choose to explore Cape Point, or embark on a wine tour around Stellenbosch. In the evening, opt to join your group for meal at one of Cape Town's many great restaurants. Additional Notes: If you are interested in visiting Robben Island - you must book it directly with the museum on their website prior to travel: http://www.robben-island.org.za Due to high demand, it is common that this tour can be sold out over one month in advance.
Day 3 Cape Town/Johannesburg (1B)
Take a short flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg. In the afternoon, travel to Soweto for a bicycle tour and learn more about its important history and significant role in bringing the issues of segregation to the forefront. Included Activities: Soweto Bicycle Tour Transport: Plane (2.00 hour(s)) Private Vehicle (0.50-0.75 hours) Private Vehicle (0.75 hour(s))
Day 4 Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area (1B, 1D)
Take the Panorama Route into the Kruger National Park area. In the evening, enjoy a traditional dinner and dance experience. Included Activities: Traditional Dinner and Local Dancing Transport: Enjoy sights along the Panorama Route en route to the Greater Kruger Area. Private Vehicle (8.00 hour(s))
Day 5 Kruger National Park (1B, 1D)
Opt for a wildlife safari drive in an open safari vehicle. Included Activities: Kruger Wildlife Safari Drive Transport: Private Vehicle
Day 6 Greater Kruger Area (1B, 1D)
Unfenced from the Kruger National Park, Letaba Ranch is known for its large herds of giraffe, elephant and buffalo. At night, listen to the sounds of the animals as they move along the banks of the river, and through the camp. Included Activities: Letaba Ranch Nature Walk Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours, 215km)
Day 7 Greater Kruger Area/Morning Sun Nature Reserve (1B)
Opt for a morning safari drive, or soak up the atmosphere in the camp, before traveling to the next lodge, in the Morning Sun Nature Reserve. Free afternoon to relax by the pool, or opt to take one of the hikes in the surrounding Soutpansberg Mountains. Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours, 200km)
Day 8 Morning Sun NR/Great Zimbabwe Monument Area (1B, 1D)
Get an earlier start and cross the border into Zimbabwe. Continue on to the Great Zimbabwe Monument. Additional Notes: Accommodations on this night have shared bathroom facilities. Included Activities: Border Crossing (South Africa - Zimbabwe) Transport: Private Vehicle (7.00-8.00 hours, 405km)
Day 9 Great Zimbabwe Monument Area/Matobo National Park (1B)
Start the day with a visit to the Great Zimbabwe National Monument, Africa's most significant ruins site south of Cairo. Learn the history of the ruins and climb to the citadel for a view over the site. Continue on to Matobo National Park. Included Activities: Great Zimbabwe National Monument Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (4.50-5.50 hours)
Day 10 Matobo National Park (1B)
Wake up early and opt to explore ancient cave paintings, visit the grave of Rhodes, hike the unique and stunning landscape, or hang out by the pool. In the afternoon, enjoy an included rhino walk, with the opportunity to get up close and personal with this endangered species. Included Activities: Guided Rhino Walk
Day 11 Matobo National Park/Hwange National Park (1B)
Travel to Hwange National Park for an opportunity to spot more wildlife. Opt to enjoy an evening wildlife safari drive in a safari vehicle. Additional Notes: You can pre-book the Wildlife Safari in Hwange National Park on the checkout page, or through your Global Connection Officer or travel agent. Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00-7.00 hours)
Day 12 Hwange National Park/Victoria Falls (1B)
Continue on to Victoria Falls. Marvel at the spectacular falls from the Zimbabwean side, then enjoy free time in the afternoon to explore further. Additional Notes: Your accommodation is in Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and NOT Livingstone (Zambia). Please make sure you have the necessary visa. Included Activities: Victoria Falls Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (2.00-3.00 hours)
Day 13 Victoria Falls (1B)
We highly recommend booking post-accommodation to fully experience everything Victoria Falls and the Zambezi area has to offer.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.