Highlights of Vancouver Island
from $ 10,803* per person
There’s nothing quite like Canada’s south-west coast, with snow-capped mountains on the city skylines, top notch hiking and that fresh, crisp British Columbia air. See it at its best on this six-day adventure across Vancouver Island. Cruise over the Strait of Georgia and enter a world of possibilities – the seaside paradise of Tofino, the up and coming food and drink scene in pristine Victoria, and some of the world’s best waters for whale-watching. Vancouver Island is often thought of as overwhelming in size, but this tour will make you feel like you’ve covered all you need.
Travel Dates: From 14/06/2020 to 11/09/2020
Duration: 6 days
Departing From: ex
- The beauty of this trip is that it covers the best of Vancouver Island in a fairly short space of time – a perfect trip to combine with our longer Canadian Rockies tour
The island is best experienced outdoors, and this trip ensures that you have the freedom to take your adventure off the beaten track, or out onto the water
Compact Victoria is perfect for exploring on foot, and its younger population is reflected in the thriving bar and dining scene of the city
Spend two nights in Tofino and discover why this is one of North America’s most talked about coastal destinations, with year-round surf breaks and sandy beaches
Vancouver Island is an ideal viewing point on a whale migration route as they head north to Alaska for the summer or down to Mexico for the winter
Camping (with facilities) (2 nights),Hostel (2 nights),Hotel (1 night)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 13
Ferry to Vancouver Island
Ferry from Vancouver Island
Day 1: Vancouver
Welcome to Vancouver, Canada. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. If you arrive early in Vancouver, why not take a walk around the city's historic Gastown neighbourhood, or wander through Stanley Park to see the carved totems and scenic views of the city and beyond.
Day 2: Victoria
To start the Vancouver Island trip, you’ll have to get over to the Island! Take a ferry across the Strait of Georgia to Victoria BC (approximately 3.5 hours). With its landscaped gardens and preserved historical buildings, it is one of the most British-influenced cities in North America. However, with a recent injection of hip bars, shops, restaurants and young residents, the city is evolving into something more cosmopolitan. Wander through Victoria’s abundant parkland and make your way into town to kick back with the young locals in a bar or restaurant. The afternoon and evening are yours to explore.
Day 3: Victoria
Victoria is known for its outdoor activities so on your free day here, perhaps indulge in a spot of whale watching or take a tour of the famous Butchart Gardens. If that isn’t your thing, check out the excellent Royal BC Museum to learn about the natural and human history of the area. The city has also been hit by the craft beer revolution, and is home to Canada’s first brewpub, so why not meander your way to one to relax and experience the Canadian hospitality for yourself.
Day 4: Tofino
On your way out of Victoria, have a quick stop in the eastern port of Nanaimo before heading on to Cathedral Grove for a walk around the majestic Douglas fir trees, which are more than 800 years old and untouched by the modern world. A picnic lunch will be needed to admire this towering forest. You’ll continue on your drive to the relaxed seaside town of Tofino (total journey approximately 4.5 hours, not including stops). As well as being named the best surf town in North America, Tofino is also a perfect spot for storm watching and outdoor activities such as kayaking, whale watching and hiking.
Day 5: Tofino
Today is free for you to explore Tofino and its surrounds, with many possible optional activities. Take a kayak out on Clayoquot Sound, relax on one of Tofino’s sandy beaches or take a stroll and go tide pooling. Alternatively, you have the option to sign up for a whale watching tour. Tofino lies along the route of the annual grey whale migration. Each year, up to 20,000 grey whales leave the waters of the Baja Peninsula and head north to the nutrient-rich feeding grounds of Alaska and the Bering Sea. This 20,000 kilometre round trip is thought to be the longest migration of any creature in the world. Whale-watching trips can often be combined with wildlife viewing and hot springs tours. A bear-watching trip by boat through the calm waters of Clayoquot Sound near Tofino is another popular option.
Day 6: Vancouver
From Tofino, you’ll travel to a ferry port and cruise back to Vancouver. The total travel time from Tofino on this day is around 5.5 hours. There may be time for an activity with your group leader in the afternoon, however there is no included accommodation for the night.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.