Six Days in Cambodia
from $ 2,948* per person
Less than a week to see the most important stuff Cambodia has to offer? This trip has you covered. Hang in Phnom Penh where you can hoover up some street food, burl around in a cyclo and see some of the most powerful historic sites in the world. Then mosey to Siem Reap to see the Angkor complex, where you can climb over the ruins of an ancient city smack bang in the middle of the jungle.
Travel Dates: From 20/10/2019 to 03/01/2020
Duration: 6 days
Company: Intrepid Travel 18 to 29
- In the space of less than a week you'll get right to the heart of two of Cambodia's most popular cities, and one of the world's greatest religious sites
There's a sure fire way to a traveller's heart and that's through their stomach - so fall in love with the Cambodian family who'll offer up home cooked local delicacies in their own house
With a whole day to see the sites of Angkor, you’ll soon know your Bayons from Baphouns, and the difference between an Elephant and Leper King Terrace
There are tonnes of optional activities to choose from (Flight of the Gibbon zip-line anyone?), so you can make your Cambodian experience as full-on or laid-back as you want
Dinners Included: 1
Hotel (5 nights)
Private vehicle,local bus,remork (tuk tuk)
Age: min 18, max 29
Group Size: 1 - 16
Phnom Penh - Cyclo tour
Phnom Penh - Home cooked dinner
Siem Reap - orientation walk
Siem Reap - 1 day Angkor Pass
Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
Day 1: Phnom Penh
Welcome to Cambodia! This adventure kicks off tonight with a group meeting at 6 pm. Look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask the hotel reception where it will take place. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, maybe arrive a day early so you're able to attend. If you're going to be late, please inform the hotel reception. At the meeting have your insurance details and next of kin information ready for collection. The best way to get into the groove of Phnom Penh is to eat the food, so start with a nom banh chok (rice noodles with fish sauce and veggies) from a local street vendor.
Day 2: Phnom Penh
This day begins with a cyclo sightseeing tour of Phnom Penh, a mix of romantic Indochina charm, poverty, modern development, friendly locals and cheeky tuk-tuk drivers. After this we recommend taking an optional visit to learn more about the country's history and the Khmer Rouge atrocities at the Choeung Ek Killing Fields and the infamous Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. The rest of the day is free to explore the city. If you're in the mood for some shopping then check out the Psar Thmei (Central Market), located in an old French colonial building, for clothing or sarongs. Otherwise maybe stop by the temple of Wat Phnom, the National Museum, Royal Palace or the French Quarter. Tonight’s dinner is a real treat, as you'll enjoy a home-cooked meal in a local family's home.
Day 3: Siem Reap
Today you’ll leave Phnom Penh behind and hop on a public bus (the most exciting of all buses) to Siem Reap (approximately 7 hours), your base for exploring Angkor. Before the temple-fest tomorrow, take an orientation walk around the town with your leader and then enjoy some free time to sample local snacks, haggle for souvenirs at the market or get a pedicure from thousands of tiny fish.
Day 4: Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
It’s time for the main event with a whole day to enjoy a guided tour around the unforgettable temple complex of Angkor. The temples were built 800 to 1,000 years ago when the Khmer empire was the number one power in South-East Asia. The temples are thought to represent the cosmic world and are about balance and symmetry – simply put, the carvings and designs here are mind-blowing and boggling. The main cluster of temples is close to Siem Reap so you'll have loads of time to get to the best of this archaeological site, visiting highlights like the South Gate of Angkor Thom, the many faces of Bayon, the Elephant Terrace, the terrace of the Leper King, the jungle-covered Ta Prohm and, of course, Angkor Wat. Finish the day with a seriously photo-worthy sunset over the temples.
Day 5: Siem Reap
Today’s a free day in Siem Reap, giving you the chance to kick back and just wander around the town, visiting its market, shops and restaurants, or to otherwise join one of the many optional activities on offer. If you’re still hungry for temples then maybe visit the rose-coloured Banteay Srei, considered to be the best preserved of all of Cambodia’s temples. If you want to see more of local rural life then take a trip into the countryside with a local site guide or maybe a boat ride on Tonle Sap Lake, passing the floating fishing villages there. If you want to get more active then join the Angkor zip line adventure and get your heart pumping as you fly like a bird through the jungle.
Day 6: Siem Reap
Time to say goodbye and thanks to Cambodia as your adventure comes to an end. You can depart at any time on this day after you check out
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.