Alexandria Independent Adventure
from $ 3,112* per person
Delve into legendary Alexandria, Egypt's capital for a millennium and once home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Wander the Roman amphitheatres, palaces, and catacombs of Egypt's gateway to the Mediterranean. Starting from Cairo, spend a day and a half exploring Alexandria's Greek, Roman, and Byzantine history in one of the greatest cities of the Hellenic world. And with a top-notch Chief Experience Officer (CEO) from door to door, you'll know you're in good hands the whole time.
Travel Dates: From 01/01/2015 to 31/12/2020
Duration: 2 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Transfer to/from Alexandria with a G Adventures CEO
- Guided tour including the Roman Theatre, Montazah Summer Palace, Qaitbay Fort, Pompey's Pillar, the Alexandria Library, and Catacombs of Komel-Shokafa
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Hotel (1 nt)
Group Size Notes
Private car/van, walking
Day 1 Cairo/Alexandria
Explore Alexandria with an expert CEO. Its vast history, unique Mediterranean location and distinctly European feel set it apart from other Egyptian cities. Visit the sights of Kom el Dikka, the only Roman theatre of its kind in Egypt, and the Montzah Summer Palace, known for its peaceful gardens. Opt to wander the seaside corniche or stop to enjoy a coffee at one of the many European style cafés. In the evening, opt to head to the bar at the famous Cecil Hotel for a sunset drink. Included Activities: Roman Theatre Visit Montazah Summer Palace Visit Meet and Greet Hotel Welcome Meeting Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
Day 2 Alexandria/Cairo (1B)
Set out with your CEO to visit the fort and citadel of Qaitbay. The citadel was built on the spot of the Lighthouse of Alexandria. Visit Pompey's Pillar and the catacombs of Kom ash-Shuqqafa, built for a single wealthy family. Finally, visit the new Alexandria Library. In the late afternoon, travel back to Cairo where the tour ends on arrival. Opt to end at the airport for onward travel or at a hotel in the city (overnight not included). Additional Notes: Please ask at time of booking if you would like to organize post-tour accommodation in Cairo. The driver can drop you at the airport or at a hotel in the city. Included Activities: Fort Qaitbay Visit Pompey's Pillar Visit Catacomb of Kom ash-Shuqqafa Visit Alexandria Library Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.